OTHER POP3 ACCOUNTS USING OUTLOOK
tidwellent

I am so frustrated because I have several business related pop3 email accounts that I use, but with Verizon DSL I have not been able to send and receive through those accounts.

DOES ANYONE know what it takes to set up pop3 accounts thru Verizon/Outlook where they will work?

I have never had problems with other service providers. I feel crippled by not being able to use my various pop3 accounts.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: OTHER POP3 ACCOUNTS USING OUTLOOK
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

1. Are you having issues with sending or issues with receiving? These are usually entirely separate issues.

2. What error are you getting?

jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Keep in mind that come May port 25 will be blocked by Verizon to other provider email accounts.  If your company has port 25 open from the internet (which I would seriously doubt) then in May you won't be able to use port 25.  It must be port 587.

I use my verizon email and GMAIL in outlook.  When you go through other providers setup, you must define the incoming and outgoing mail server and ports for those email accounts.

As somegirl said where do your issue lie and what errors are you getting/

0 Likes
Kenilworthkid
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a slightly different issue, several sub-accounts, try to read the mail addressed to any one of them and you get it all dumped into that one mailbox.  I posted the question about a week ago, no answers yet.  Bottom line is I think Verizon just doesn't know how to set up an email server.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

So I understand what you are saying, when you use outlook and you set up multiple email accounts (primary, sub-accounts) it will download all of the mail into a single location in outlook such as personal folders?

If this is the case, its more of a Client side issue and has nothing to do with Verizon. Please clarify.

Jim

0 Likes
Kenilworthkid
Enthusiast - Level 3

Similar, not identical problem.  First off, I don't use Outlook, I use Thunderbird.  I have my primary email address and a sun-account on Verizon, and I have the same on AT&T.  When I use thunderbird to access my mail on Verizon, all mail addressed to either account gets dropped into the same inbox.  When I do exactly the same thing with my AT&T account, using the same instance of Thunderbird , the mail from only one address goes into it's own inbox when I select that account and press "get mail".  If this is a client side issue I would expect the same thing to happen on Verizon and AT&T since it's the same instance of the same client being used.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

So are you saying you take a PC connected to the Verizon FIOS network, perform a send/receive mail from Thunderbird and your mail from both accounts gets deposited into the same inbox.

Then you take the same PC previously connected to FIOS and have it connect AT&T and perform a send/receive from Thunderbird and now your email is separated into two different inbox's within Thunderbird?

Is this the case or are you doing this from two different PC's?

0 Likes
Kenilworthkid
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not exactly.  For starters, it's DSL, not FIOS, not that that should make any difference.  I am connected to Verizon DSL only.  The AT&T mail account is no different from gmail or yahoo mail.  I start Thunderbird and I see all my inboxes.  I highlight one of the three AT&T subaccounts and press "get mail", the mail addressed to that subaccount, and that subaccount only, goes into the inbox for that subaccount and that subaccount only.  Same for the other two AT&T subaccounts.  Then I highlight either Verizon subaccount and press "get mail", all the mail addressed to BOTH subaccounts drops into the inbox of the account I have highlighted.  That's the issue, it works for one mail system but not another.  

I pay $7.95 a month for the AT&T account, that gets me a primary and 6 subaccounts.  I connect through Verizon unless my DSL is down, then I can connect by dial-up for $0.99 an hour if I need to.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Maybe someone who uses Thunderbird can help out here but it sounds like a Thunderbird Configuration issue.  If you go to the account settings for Thunderbird, compare the AT&T accounts vs. the Verizon Account see if it asks where to put new email.

In outlook for example it says "deliver mail to the following location" and you can choose where to put your new mail.

0 Likes
Kenilworthkid
Enthusiast - Level 3

I doubt it's a Thunderbird issue since I can do the exact same thing in Outhouse Excuse, oops, I mean Outlook Express.  Verizon has always preferred we use web mail and that may be part of the problem, the web page does the sorting rather than the SMTP server?  No matter, I've moved all the important mail senders to my AT&T accounts and even a few to GMAIL which works great with a POP3 reader as well.  All I need to do now is delete a thousand or so viarga adverts once a month and all will be well.

0 Likes