OUTGOING MAIL NOT WORKING IN OUTLOOK EXPRESS AGAIN
copygirl
Enthusiast - Level 1

This verizon email system is horrible. Right now I have not changed any of my settings but for some reason verizon yahoo email has decided not to send out any of my outgoing email settings.

My outgoing STMP is set at: outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net 

port: 25

I have the the correct username and password.  If I go onto yahoo verizon from my browser it will let me send mail. 

It just decided to stop working with Outlook Express today.  Seems like once a month there is some kind of problem with this verizon crap.

Re: OUTGOING MAIL NOT WORKING IN OUTLOOK EXPRESS AGAIN
Hubrisnxs
Legend
Verizon.com/repair try the auto correct feature for outlook
0 Likes
OutdoorPeople
Enthusiast - Level 2

Had this happen to me today too. I finally googled around and think I found a solution (since I can now send email again through Outlook Express).

Go to Tools/Accounts/Properties/Advanced and change the Outgoing Mail server port number from 25 to 587.

Who knows why all of the sudden this change needs to be made? Crazy!

weiszhouse
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks - I had the same problem - changed the port from 25 to 587 and the messages sent.  But why did this suddenly happen??

OutdoorPeople
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes...why all of the sudden AND without any notification are good questions!

Nanc3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have ATT.net email account.  I just got FIOS and have the verizon email added to Outlook Express 6.0.  However,  I am able to  RECEIVE emails to my verizon.net address, am able to REPLY to emails sent to the verizon.net address, yet am unable to send mail using the verizon.net address.  I spent 1 1/2 hour on the phone with several Verizon Techs and they are unable to help me.  All boxes are checked the same as the ATT account, ports are the same, etc, yet unable to send email via verizon.net in Outlook.  I tried the ports mentioned earlier, that did not work.

Also, tried to add yahoo to the incoming.verizon.net and outgoing.verizon.net and that made no difference.  My ATT server addresses are pop.att.yahoo.com and smtp.att.yahoo.com.  Nothing works.  I would like to be able to use Verizon in Outlook without having to go to the Verizon Homepage.  The Verizon techs told me to contact Microsoft.  Any ideas on how to get this working in Outlook?  Thanks so much for any help!

spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Just to make sure, check to see if these settings are the same in outlook express

Incoming server  =  incoming.verizion.net (or incoming.yahoo.verizon.net if you have the yahoo portal partner)

Outgoing server  =  outgoing.verizon.net (outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net with yahoo partner)

do not check the "use SSL" check box

Make sure that your username does not have the @verizon.net  extention.

make sure that your password is correct

Make sure that you check the box in more settings that says "my outgoing server requires authentication" and put a dot in the radial button that says "use the same settings as my incoming server"

check the advanced settings and make sure that the outgoing port number is port 587

Make sure that none of the "SSL" check boxes are checked.

if all that is correct it should be working

Nanc3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear Spacedebris,

I got your message yesterday and did not get to the computer until this afternoon.  I did exactly what you said and it WORKS!!!  You totally ROCK!  Smiley Very Happy

This has been such an annoyance for me, as I'd been excited to get the FIOS, etc, yet to not have the email work correctly, and then worse, not have Live Verizon Techs figure it out, I was not a happy new Verizon customer!

I think the techs need to know this information, as I'd been on the phone with one, who then contacted 2 others, and they even did remote access on my computer, also who were unable to figure this out.  Their final conclusion was that it was my Outlook Express 6 that wasn't working properly.

So again, thank you, thank you, thank you!

Have a great weekend!