Re: OUTLOOK receive messages
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unlikely that Verizon will post a response in the forums unless the Technical people reuest a notice to be put up.  The Tech people do not typically read the forums.

0 Likes
Verizon.net Email No Longer Connecting to Outlook
shoegal16

I ws never provided any information that my Verizon.net account was switching or anything was changing.  I wasted over 2 hours on the phone with a Verizon rep who could not figure out WHY suddenly my Outlook account is no longer working.  She told me not to use Outlook - absolutely useless.  Can someone tell me what the settings should be??  It stopped working 2-3 weeks ago. 

0 Likes
Re: OUTLOOK receive messages - workaround
GlennRossman

I had the exact problem being described here over and over by different people. And, I had the same frustration dealing with Verizon tech support. I tried Microsoft support and got to level 2, which successfully implemented this workaround. The root issue is that Verizon changed something -- probably security related -- and all our Verizon mail stopped going to Outlook.

The workaround is simply to go to your Verizon webmail and go into Settings to forward all your Verizon mail to your Outlook email address. That's it.

Note that when you do this the Verizon mail will not be saved on Verizon servers. This was not a problem for me as I previously elected not to keep mail on Verizon servers once it was pulled into Outlook.

Also, note that this takes effect once you change the Settings to forward and will not forward the Verizon emails already in Verizon mail. So, those emails since Feb 8 or 9 since the problem started are only accessible via Verizon.

One of these days, Verizon will probably realize what it did to create this mess for all of us and fix it. But, with this workaround, we may never know.

0 Likes
Re: OUTLOOK receive messages - workaround
ajaffrey
Enthusiast - Level 3

I will I could forward my mail, but my husband and I share the email address and both need to download it

0 Likes
Outlook Receive Messages
cga9
Enthusiast - Level 1

Every day I check but still no luck in getting messages from my Verizon e-mail address in Outlook.  Interestingly, I can send messages from my Verizon e-mail address from Outlook.  Also, my wife's Verizon e-mail address does Not have this issue. She is still getting her messages in Outlook.  

0 Likes
Re: Outlook Receive Messages
ajaffrey
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can send and receive with Verizon set up with my Live.com email address, but I can only send with my msn email in Outlook.com...cannot receive.  same settings, different results based on the server - both owned by Microsoft.

0 Likes
dtreeger

I understand this has been a problem for a long time, and I am sorry to see that.
It took a while, but this issue has now been bubbled up to technical folks at outlook.com.   

All I have to go on at the moment is that this problem began on February 8th.  I see that some people were moved from Verizon to AOL mail at about this time, so I wonder if that change on Verizon's side broke Outlook.com's ability to retrieve your email.

I have been able to reproduce this myself, and have experimented wtih username (with or without @verizon.net) and the POP server settings, to no avail.  

I do understand that this works when you use a different email client or gmail.  Similarly, Outlook.com is able to pull (aggregate) email from other services without issue.

This is not an easy issue to track down.  I understand that's not the answer you want to hear.  All I can say is that I will not drop this until it is resolved.

0 Likes
PrincessPeri
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue here, too.  I can send from Outlook but only sporadicly receivie emails.  It is nearly 1 p.m., and I have only received one email through Outlook.  Oh, I just got a second one (that's about one every 2 hours).

When I go to the Verizon webmail, I have many more messages, time stamped from before 9 a.m.  I do not like having to go to webmail to retrieve my messages, as it is not as flexible as Outlook, nor do I have all my contacts stored there.

Here is one of the variety of messages I have received:

Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC1A) : 'Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified. Try changing the encryption method. Contact your mail server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP) for additional assistance.'

Note that I have tried all the encrytion options.  All emails eventually come thorugh, but certainly they are not timely.

Sometimes I get into the loop of "re-enter your password." 

My location is north of Baltimore, if that helps identify the problem, and I have the high-speed (lol) DSL.  Do you think that we should request a reduction in our rates for this ongoing issue?  It certainly kills my productivity, and itis not like it is a couple of days; it is a couple of months!

0 Likes
JustmeToo2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also in Maryland, in Rockville.  Having the same issues using web Outlook to check my verizon.net email.  I don't use the verizon webmail because I prefer Outlook, where all my contacts are.  No issues with getting or sending email from my smart phone, so it appears to be an issue between Verizon and Outlook (MSN).

Maryland is not one of the states that converted verizon.net emails to AOL emails.  But something has sure messed up using webbased outlook for checking verizon.net email.  I've had the right email settings since the security changes were made in mid-2015, so that's not the issue.  I've also tried all the permutations possible in Outlook to add and configure my verizon email account.

I'll keep checking back ... (sigh)

Linda Beth

0 Likes
cga9
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well - I finally started getting messages again in Outlook yesterday.  I went into options and re-entered my password.  The program went through "setting up account" and when it was finished, my e-mails started showing up in Outlook again.  I had done this in the past with no success, so something must have changed.  Thought I would let the group know so you could give it a try.  Hope it works for you and hope it keeps working for me..  

0 Likes