Switch Account

Old sub accounts work but not new ones?

Old sub accounts work but not new ones?

Highlighted
Contributor TX_David
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(832 Views)

I have a sub account that I have had a long time and it continues to work fine.  I added a new sub account and then treid to log on to the mail.aol.com web mail with it and cannot log on.  I asked someone else I know with FIOS to try creating a new sub account and see if it works and they had the same issue.  Even odder, their ceation screen didn't have a check box for email,. just internet TV, where mine has a check box for TV and email.

Is there a special process or problem with creating new sub accounts now since the aol  mail change?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 2
(811 Views)

@TX_David wrote:

I have a sub account that I have had a long time and it continues to work fine.  I added a new sub account and then treid to log on to the mail.aol.com web mail with it and cannot log on.  I asked someone else I know with FIOS to try creating a new sub account and see if it works and they had the same issue.  Even odder, their ceation screen didn't have a check box for email,. just internet TV, where mine has a check box for TV and email.

Is there a special process or problem with creating new sub accounts now since the aol  mail change?

Thank you

I don't understand why you think there would be an AOL Mail account yet for that sub-account if you just created it.

If you remember back to the migration you had to do for your primary account and any then existing sub-accounts, when you got the message that "today is the day" on an account, you went through a process for each account to get migrated to AOL Mail, and those accounts are now all separate, there is no such thing as a sub-account at AOL Mail. That migration would need to be done for any new sub-account, and I am guessing that that has not happened yet, right? In fact I am surprised you can even create a new sub-account, especially for email, as 4/1 is the date we aren't Verizon customers any more, and I am pretty sure we will no longer be able to log into MyVerizon or do anything with our former Verizon account. FWIW, after I migrated my sub-accounts, I could not even manage any sub-accounts at MyVerizon, it just would not allow me to do anything period. 

The net is (I think), unless you get the message to migrate that new sub-account today or tomorrow, you will just have to create an AOL account yourself if that is what you want. Or of course use Gmail, or Frontier, or......

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)
Soon to be a Frontier FiOS customer

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.