Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

Opening PDF Email Attachments

nyrozzie
Contributor
Contributor

Opening PDF Email Attachments

Message 1 of 2
(3,592 Views)

My PDF email attachments open in Microsoft Word and can't be read. How can I open PDF attachments in Adobe without first having to do a 'Save As'? I have Adobe on my laptop.

1 REPLY 1
Keyboards
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Opening PDF Email Attachments

Message 2 of 2
(3,554 Views)

@nyrozzie wrote:

My PDF email attachments open in Microsoft Word and can't be read. How can I open PDF attachments in Adobe without first having to do a 'Save As'? I have Adobe on my laptop.

The problem is a file association. 

If you are using Verizon's webmail then you need to fix the file association in your web browser.

If you are using an email client (Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird, etc.) you need to fix the file association in your computer (varies as to how based on OS and client).

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title