Outgoing mail blocked as spam -- Potential Solution
bperkgolf

I've been having issues sending mail to verizon.net accounts. I am using Windows Live Mail. I've noticed others on the forums having issues as well.  Just wanted to post a possible solution.

I changed my port setting from 25 to 587. At this point, emails that were previously blocked are now going through without issue. Not sure if this is "the" solution. Will post back after ~ 24 hr. trial period.

0 Likes
Re: Outgoing mail blocked as spam -- Potential Solution
dkh4

Used port 587 and it worked great for about 1 week. Now it's Friday again and it's not working. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
rgwhitesr

I started having the problem on 1/12/2011 and have spoken with Verizon, chatted with Verizon, emailed Verizon, etc to no avail.  Their 3rd party spam detection company must be a start-up business with no experience.  Even the simplest emails are blocked.  My threats to discontinue FIOS services does not work with them.  I really believe they tightened up security prior to going live with the iPhones this week...?  Good luck.....we all need a resolution to this mess.

BUzzzzz

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Spam Checking Tools And Tips To Avoid Your Newsletter Being Filtered, Blacklisted Or Marked As Spam

Link: http://www.masternewmedia.org/news/2008/05/24/spam_checking_tools_and_tips.htm#ixzz1AwLhKSrb

primary site for verizon spam is www.verizon.net/spamfaq and also a few suggestions.

if these are business emails then try to put yourself on a whitelist so you can send without a problem. 

http://www2.verizon.net/micro/whitelist/

Also Email them and have them review your emails so that they can update their spam detector.  Forward mail that should not be spam to spamdetector.update@verizon.net

If you have a static ip that you're sending the email from, then send an email with the IP addresses that are requested to be whitelisted to whitelist@verizononline.net

www.isnotspam.com    go there and try to see what's causing your false positive.

Also MAKE SURE to try to send the email using verizon's webmail and see if it goes through.

it COULD be your email program sending something that is triggering the spam detector vs the actual content of the mail.   If you send and it goes through just fine using webmail, then you can rest assured verizon doesn't care about what you are sending.  If you send it with your email program and all of a sudden it's spam, then you know that it's your email program sending something extra on your email that is triggering a spam flag. 

0 Likes
rgwhitesr

just what I've been hearing from other Verizon people who don't have a clue to what your spam people are monitoring...this is ridiculous and you are creating a situation where the state and federal govt are going to be involved because of 1st amendment rights.  Either fess up to your **bleep** spam monitoring, or we get serious....your call...!!

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

one of your main concerns if you are an online publisher sending out an email newsletter is to think well ahead of time about these issues and to do everything possible to avoid falling in such possible email spam filter traps.

The above is a pretty apt quote, and the links provided are a great start for you guys. 

Evade Spam Filters With 3 Email Delivery Tips

Honestly, spam is a big problem, You think it's too strict, and for the people that are getting bombarded with spam (ME) think they aren't strict enough.  So maybe take a look and do some researching.  if your emails are legitimate, then you should be using best practices to send them, so start googling.  

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

here are more resources you can use.

newsletter spam-checking tools that you can use immediately, and at zero cost, to verify your next ezine issue:

1. Spamcheck by SiteSell

2. Content Checker by Lyris

3. Spamcheck

4. Programmer's Heaven Spam Checker

5. MailingCheck - SpamAssassin Spam Checker software

Link: http://www.masternewmedia.org/news/2008/05/24/spam_checking_tools_and_tips.htm#ixzz1D9Z6IENm

0 Likes
rgwhitesr

I'm so very sorry that it's not my job as a long time Verizon customer to continue to research Verizon's errors...you do it yourself and GIVE ME A FREAKING RESOLUTION to your problem...!!

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

?? its not their mistake.  this is how they want their spam filter.

what's your job as a publisher?   get with the times, and start obiding the rules.  spam filters are not going to get more lax. they are going to get more strict.  

look at any email provider.

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@BUzzzzz wrote:

I'm so very sorry that it's not my job as a long time Verizon customer to continue to research Verizon's errors...you do it yourself and GIVE ME A FREAKING RESOLUTION to your problem...!!

Just to be sure we're all clear, this is a peer-to-peer support forum. The people offering suggestions here are not Verizon employees. We're just end users, like you. If you want to talk to Verizon, you'll need to contact them directly. They have options on their Contact Us page.