Outlook 2003 Intermittent Send/Receive errors
Scoop8
Contributor - Level 1

E-mail: Outlook 2003

I've been having intermittent "Send/Receive" erorrs with Outlook 2003 since this morning U.S. CST .   Yesterday (01/16), all was working ok.

The failure frequency is about 50%.  For example, when I invoke the manual Send/Receive (F9 or <ctrl>m), the Send/Receive error will occur about half of the time.

When I use the "Test acct" function from the Outlook email acct "test" function (sending a test e-mail message to self),

I see the same error rate in the "test" dialog window but interestingly, all of the "test" email messages are sent and received into my inbox ok.

The problem is present on 2 PC's.  I checked my Mom's WIn XP PC (Outlook 2003) and it's working ok but she's using Gmail for her 'net e-mail service.

I tested Send/Receive on Mom's PC and 20 of 20 Send/Receive's worked ok.

Has anyone else been experiencing intermittent Send/Receive Outlook 2003 errors during the past 24 hours?

Here's my screencaps.  I haven't changed any settings on any PC's.

My Win 7x64 PC's  email acct settings:

My Mom's Win XP email acct settings:

0 Likes
Re: Outlook 2003 Intermittent Send/Receive errors
Scoop8
Contributor - Level 1

Update:  Seems to be working ok now.  I toggled about 30-40 Send/Receive's without error.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

There were reports of problems on the 16 and 17.  I for one didn't notice them, but there were lots of people reporting problems.

0 Likes
Scoop8
Contributor - Level 1

I guess it was a 1-2 day glitch somewhere.  All's still ok here with my 2 Win 7x64 PC's.

0 Likes