quick menu

Outlook 2013 and Outlook 365 on Windows 7: Can't set up Verizon email

Outlook 2013 and Outlook 365 on Windows 7: Can't set up Verizon email

Highlighted
Contributor FSSimon
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(4,991 Views)

I am running WINDOWS 7 and OUTLOOK 2013. I have Office 365, too. 

I have followed every screen shot scrupulously and I have had Verizon take over my computer three times, with no success over the past three months since I purchased a new Dell Latitude.

When I use the "test account settings" or click next on the Pop and IMAP Acccount settings dialog, i get a SMPT error:

Send test e-mail message: The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

Spoiler
Spoiler
pop and imap verizon.JPG

authentication verizon.JPG

ports verizon.JPG

Can someone PLEASE help? Could this have something to do with Office 365?

3 REPLIES 3
Gold Contributor VI Gold Contributor VI
Gold Contributor VI
Message 2 of 4
(4,980 Views)

Check your security software, make sure it's not set to scan your outgoing messages. This can hold up the sending process and cause it to time out.

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III
Message 3 of 4
(4,969 Views)

The following link provides step by step instructions, with screen shots.  See if it helps.

https://my.bluehost.com/cgi/help/outlook2013

Moderator Moderator
Message 4 of 4
(4,960 Views)

Please look at your original post >> HERE  for other replies to your issue.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer that solved your issue as the accepted solution.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios