Outlook 2013 not sending and recieving email via ATT Uverse
DBAKS

I have a verizon.net email that will not send/recieve when I am connected to my ATT Uverse Internet.  I have verified that I have all the settings correct in outlook becuase the email sends/recieves when I am connected to any other internet connection.  I have verfied that I have it set up with POP3 incoming mail server pop.verizon.net port 995 and outgoing  smtp.verizon.net port 465 SSL checked for both incoming and outgoing. SPA is turned OFF.  I have checked and double checked all of the settings.  WHenever I am connected to any other internet connection my emails send/recieve via outlook with out a problem.  The only time I have the problem is when attemtping to send/recieve from my home internet connection.  I have called Verizon Tech support and they say the problem is my ISP who is ATT Uverse.  I called ATT Uverse Tech Support and they say the problem is with my email and I need to get tech support for my email. 

Also, I have the same problem when I am tyring to send/recieve email from my iPhone when I am connected to my home internet. Same symptoms with the iPhone in that I can send/recieve emails when my iPhone is connected to any other internet connection, just no send/recieve when I am connected to my home internet with ATT.

The email was working fine on both outllook and my iPhone without any problems at my home internet connection until just about 2 weeks ago.  Since then I can not access email from home internet connection.  Internet works fine, just no email in outlook.  I can always check my email via the verizon website when i am at home, but I really prefer to use outlook.

Someone at Verizon Tech support suggested that I contact ATT and tell them to unblock ports 465 and 995 on my ATT Modem/router and ensure the firewall settings on the router are not causing a block.  When I called ATT they assured me that both ports 465 and 995 are unblocked on my modem/router and verizon pointed the finger back to ATT as the culprit. 

Does anyone have any suggestions or fixes on this?

0 Likes
Re: Outlook 2013 not sending and recieving email via ATT Uverse
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you check your AT&T router or modem for ports allowed?

0 Likes
DBAKS

thank you for the suggestion.  Yes, I called ATT and they have assured me that ports 465 and 995 are unblocked and open on my router.  ATT say's the issue is a Verizon.Net email problem and I need to resolve with Verizon.  When I contact Verizon, they say it is an ATT problem and I need to contact ATT. 

0 Likes
SH500

I had SAME exact problem. My problem is now....

Hopefully this helps you.

I suddenly stopped receiving my verizon.net emails in my Outlook. Worked with tech support people for days and finally a microsoft support tech helped to get my problem ....

SOLVED!!!!

VERIZON had BLACKLISTED my router's public IP address. Had to get to their Tier 2 support and have them WHITLIST my router's public IP address.

To find your router's public IP address, open internet explorer nad type into the address line "Whats my IP address?" It comes right up. Then...

Go to www.verizon.net/whitelist to submit request to be whitlisted, OR

email their security team at abuse@verizon.net .

Good luck. It took me 17 days of working with live tech support people from Verizon (my webmail service and internet provider at my home), AT&T (my internet provider here at this location) and my wonderful Microsoft Outlook support person: Rose. Rose even had conference call with the Verizon technicians for hours at a time and where both Rose (MS tech) and Verizon were remoted into my PC. Verizon kept denying it was their problem but Rose showed them the error of their ways.

Problem SOLVED!!!

Thank you, Rose at Microsoft!

0 Likes
limarie1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks very much for the tip, but you got lucky. I tried both avenues (whitelist request and abuse) and got nowhere. I got an email from the abuse url a mere 5 minutes after sending my message, saying the issue had been "thoroughly investigated" and was resolved. Uh, no. 

I'll keep trying, though--and having your story documented is helpful. Thanks again!

0 Likes
lance_martinez

Anyone get anywhere with this?  I just changed my ISP and have come across the problem and all of your helpful posts, but don't see that it's been resolved for any but a few who got lucky.

thanks

0 Likes
BillBark

Had same problem.

To summarize, got supervisor with tech services at Verizon on phone. She had never heard of problem but investigated.

She submitted a white list request to the OSC Group with Verizon based on the IP address I gave her and in 36 hours everything worked; IPhone 6 as well as Outlook 2013.

Prior had spent 12 hours total on telephone with AT&T, Verizon and Microsoft.

Hope this saves someone some time!

0 Likes