Outlook AOL mail error message (0x800CCC92)
djnolan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using Outlook with AOL mail and am recieving the following error message intermittently (0x800CCC92):

Can anyone provide a resolution?  I have had tech support on the phone several times troubleshooting my setup and creating a new mail profile to no avail.  I have also deleted lots of old emails.

Task 'xxxx@verizon.net (1) - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your email server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings.  The server responded: -ERR [SYS/TEMP] Server error - Please try again later.'

0 Likes
Re: Outlook AOL mail error message (0x800CCC92)
djnolan
Enthusiast - Level 2

A few other observations:

1.  AOL tried to sign me up to a $4.95 a month tech support agreement just to fix this problem.

2.  The delete mail from server option in Outlook doesn't seem to work on AOL so copies of your emails stay on their server.  This is probably causing a processing problem.

3.  I wonder what the compensation model to AOL is for the base email service, does Verizon pay for it?

4.  I pay over $100 a month for DSL and phone access, this is really unacceptable that the email does not work reliably.

djnolan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Another technical observation, if I login to web mail seems to have an effect.  For instance if I log in to web mail then outlook starts to work again.  Sometimes I have to log out of web mail and log back in to get outlook to work.

djnolan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Another observation is about SPA (secure password authentication)  When Outlook does work it doesn't seem to matter if SPA is turned on or off, it will work either way.  The settings for AOL make no mention of SPA, only of SSL.

djnolan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does Verizon monitor this forum or is this just a community forum?  The problem is still ocurring.  There seem to be numerous cases of this going on on this forum.

MurphsWorld
Enthusiast - Level 2

DJNolan,

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!!

I have been attempting to work with AOL for the past month.

All they offer is well...if you can send and receive email via AOL.com, you should use that!!!!

REALLY!?!....this is how to resolve my issue?

My bottom line, is I have been using Outlook for over 20 years.

My most recent version is Outlook 2016, I have hundreds of emails stored in a multitude of folders....and I want to RISK moving all that to a web based email architecture?

This is definetly a breakdown between AOL and VERIZON and we are in a gray area that apparently no one cares about.

Here is my latest error from Outlook:

Task 'xxxxxxxxxxx@verizon.net - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your email server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings.  The server responded: -ERR [SYS/TEMP] Server error - Please try again later.'

jonjones1
Legend

This is a customer helping customer forum.

a moderator may attempt to send to a Verizon rep but after it’s sent it’s locked in most cases.

1-800-VERIZON is the normal way to contact them. 

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Interesting Reading.

https://www.pstrecovery.net/blog/outlook-send-receive-error-0x800ccc92.html

Hope it leads to your solution.

0 Likes
NSAGLIAN1
Enthusiast - Level 2

YES, same problem! I have also used Outlook 20XX for the last 15 years, and also have a need to go back in time to see a message from 2009! Lets push AOL to FIX the problem!

0 Likes
djnolan
Enthusiast - Level 2
Yes, it was good for a while, but it started happening again today, currently using webmail as outlook won't connect. According to Verizon it is an AOL problem. If you call AOL ask to speak with a supervisor and refer them to this posting.
0 Likes