Outlook on Windows 8 will not work with POP
wings515
Enthusiast - Level 3

How do you configure Outlook or Verizon to work without using POP and uses another protocol

0 Likes
Re: Outlook on Windows 8 will not work with POP
Hubrisnxs
Legend

verizon only uses POP3 and SMTP. 

So you have to have an email client that supports pop3.  

0 Likes
Boots
Enthusiast - Level 1

Outlook (not Outlook Express) is a client that support POP3.  But it fails to configure properly with Verizon POP3 and SMTP hosts.  Verizon phone support has been given a script that forces them to say that Windows n8 doesn't support POP3, which is patent nonsense.  (it is true that the Windiws 8 Mail client supports only IMAP.)

Has anyone figured nout to use Outlook 2010 (standalone or part of Office Pro) to work under Win8 on Verizon infrastructure?

0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@Boots wrote:

... Has anyone figured nout to use Outlook 2010 (standalone or part of Office Pro) to work under Win8 on Verizon infrastructure?

I have Outlook 2010 running under two Win 7 64 bit boxes, and one Win 8 64 bit box (plus assorted XP SP3 boxes).  Absolutely no issues using 11 separate email accounts throughout the network.

Perhaps if you post your settings (in detail) someone here can offer suggestions.

uttebee6

@armond_in_nj wrote:

@Boots wrote:

... Has anyone figured nout to use Outlook 2010 (standalone or part of Office Pro) to work under Win8 on Verizon infrastructure?

I have Outlook 2010 running under two Win 7 64 bit boxes, and one Win 8 64 bit box (plus assorted XP SP3 boxes).  Absolutely no issues using 11 separate email accounts throughout the network.

Perhaps if you post your settings (in detail) someone here can offer suggestions.

So how did you comfigure your Outlook 2010 in your Windows 8 box to send/receive on your verizon.net email account?  I'm with everyone else on this thread - I can't make it work.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I can't understand why Outlook 2010 doesn't work for some users.  Don't run it myself but my brother does.  Absolutely nothing is different about it from the other clients.  And Verizon's help should work http://verizon.com/emailsettings .  

Specifically http://www.verizon.com/support/residential/internet/fiosinternet/email/setup+and+use/questionsone/12...  And yes the server names are different then documented there for Yahoo/Verizion email users.

Still not working for you?  Don't just say it doesnt work, post all your settings except actual userid and password and post the actual error messages you get and someone of your peers here can probably tell you what you have wrong.