Outlook won't work until I log into AOL online each day.
ChristyP2

After I click the Outlook "send/receive" button I get a pop up window asking for my password.  It's defaulted correctly but keeps popping up when I say "ok" and  send/receive never works.  I went online and logged into my aol mail account to see my  mail there.  What I doscovered is after I do this, when I hit send/receive in Outlook again it works fine and continues to do so for a while.  I'd like to not have to sign into aol every day (or more than daily) to get Outlook for work.  Any suggestions?   I have the pop and smpt etc. setting correct. It has been working fine for months.  I rebooted computer and modem also.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Outlook won't work until I log into AOL online each day.
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's weird. Maybe when logging in to AOL click the remember me or keep me signed in box and see if that keeps you signed in on outlook. 

0 Likes
ChristyP2

I tried the 'remember me' and it didn't make a differece.   Thanks for the suggestion though.  

0 Likes
wspotter2

Have same problem on a seperate veizon.net account but also on iPhone and iPad

0 Likes
djnolan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I am having similar issues.  I am getting a 0x800CCC92 error.  I looked this up on the internet and some suggestions were to delete or archive messages, and check settings.  

The one question I have on setting is should SPA be turned on?

SPA is secure password authentication.  It doesn't seem to make a difference eitehr way.

0 Likes