Outlook wont work after merging verizon.net and verizon.com accounts?
stegbomb

i use Fios and earlier today I  logged into Verizon's website and was prompted to merge verion.net and verizon.com web accounts. Now my email will not download into Outlook on my two seperate computers or my phones email client sw and ALL worked fine prior to this "upgrade." The message it gives me is the User ID/password is not correct but after working this issue with five different techs I know this is NOT a user/password issue. Has anyone run into this issue? Know how to fix?

0 Likes
Re: Outlook wont work after merging verizon.net and verizon.com accounts?
pl626
Contributor - Level 1

I had a similar issue a few months ago with my outgoing mail until I changed the Outlook SMTP settings to outgoing.verizon.net with my .net user settings.  Then recently, I had trouble logging into HBO Go, but thanks to someone on this forum, we figured out that my .net account is the one I should use for that.  V* told me I had to have a flag flipped on my .com account for this to work, but the 'dept that handles that isn't open...'

I don't use V* for e-mail so my POP3 server is my own.  Double check your Outlook settings for the User name, then use that to login to the verizon.net site.  Use the id/password for this in your Outlook POP3 and SMTP settings.

Though it's a slightly different topic, this example may help illustrate what's going on in V* botched merger of the .net/.com accounts.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/HBO-Go-and-other-FTVOnline-services-not-wo...

Hope this help.