Outrageous Billing Practices
tjrago
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'll share responsibility in this, but I'm still outraged that Verizon has been charging me $34.99 for 15 years of DIAL-UP services that they haven't been extending to me at an address I haven't lived at for 13 years.  My fault for not checking the billing against an auto pay account I use for my daughter.  But still -- they don't even offer that service in the Bay Area and haven't for years (as told to me by a customer service rep last night).  At the time I tried to cancel it, they told me I had to keep the account active if I wanted to retain the email address I was using (and still use).  No mention at that time of keepmyemail.com . . . or any subsquent notice of this option.  Thye have my email address and know it's active -- so no excuse for not trying to reach me!  So today I try to use that link to keep my email address for $19.99 per year -- and the site rejects my order every one of 5 tries (on three browsers), telling my I didn't complete a required field (which is ridiculous as I have printed copies of each try.  Additionally, the service rep I spoke with last night didn't know how to help me with this, nor did he give me any hope of getting satisfaction with the billing department.  He suggested I write a formal letter to corporate.  Has anyone else had this issue with Verizon of auto payments for services that are not rendered?  How can Verizon charge for a service they can't deliver?  I feel morally and ethically violated.

0 Likes
Re: Outrageous Billing Practices
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi tjrago,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes