Overload of the same spam messages
DecoyNJ

The verizon spam filter is the worst!  For months now, I keep getting the same spam messages.  i have forwarded them to the Verizon spam email address and move them to the spam folder.  NOTHING WORKS!

How do I stop this?  Ready to cancel Verizon completely.  Had enough.........

HELP!

0 Likes
Re: Overload of the same spam messages
roccol5
Enthusiast - Level 2

The same thing has been happening to me.  I've had Verizon for over 10 years and have never had a problem.  In the past 6 months I've had spam meesages every night, except for a few, and now it's worse than ever, all day and night.  In the past 36 hours I've gotten 31 spam messages.  Whenever I call or live chat they give me the same lame solutions.  They tell me to create filters and act like their spam detector is working.  They also talk to the "email" department who says the same.  I just got off of the phone with them now and again to no avail.

I believe that this is Verizon's attempt to get people off of their email service.  Many people nowadays have gmail, hotmail, etc. accounts and Verizon sees shutting down email as a great way to save money and maximize profits.  About 5 years ago they got rid rid of Usenet access, earlier this year personal web space, I believe the next thing will be email.  Give it another 2 - 3 years, maybe less.  I also think that Verizon employees know this and the fact that there is lack of support for spam filtering.

0 Likes
NJ_FAN

Same here.  Spam has gotten out of hand on my Verizon e-mail.  Wasn't a problem until a few months ago.

Have had the same e-mail address since the Bell Atlantic days (over 15 years !) so one of the few reasons I've stuck with Verizon DSL and later FIOS.  I've now gone thorugh the pain to migrate everything to gmail, spam filters there work perfectly, much better options for organizing and creating custom filters, and integrates into my Android phone a millions times better.

Will seriously looking at dropping FIOS and going to local cable company when the contract expires.  FIOS has gotten too expensive, e-mail now sucks, and their Internet seems to be getting slower by the day.

0 Likes
Jason_98

I agree...  Verizon's spam filter SUCKS!!!  There appears to be no filter....  What a joke!

0 Likes