POP server flaky today
wdg_pgh

The POP 3 server has been failing intermittently throughout the day.  When login fails the server reports an incorrect ID or password, but later it works correctly with the same ID and password.  I am in Pittsburgh.  One other user has reported this error on usenet (not sure of his location).

0 Likes
Re: POP server flaky today
mclemens1

This has happened to me A LOT recently, but today is the WORST.  I am in MA.  Nothing seems to work to resolve it.

0 Likes
markstvn

Just in case others are trying to find out what is happening, same problems here in Maryland.  Actually is is not working much more than it is.  I have had mostly incoming mail problems, but outgoing as well.  I'm sure somthing is broken on Verizon's end.

0 Likes
wdg_pgh

Actually, I haven't seen this happen much in recent times (although I have seen it in the past).  I noticed it first on my phone (Android), but the same thing is happening on the PC with Thunderbird.

0 Likes
Lani3

All afternoon I've been receiving notices on my laptop to enter my verizon password, and sometimes my email program (Apple mail) shows that it is offline.  Still, I have been able to send and receive email.  Totally screwy!  I'm in southeastern PA.

Could it be that some bot is collecting our passwords?  But why ask for it over and over again?

0 Likes
TerryP4

How do we get a Verizon rep to contact us with the expected time that they will have the matter resolved.  I see now that Verzon no longer offers tech support agents for chat support and are asking for money to communicate with them.  Less service, charges for tech support and no Verizon rep to tell us when they will have the email server problem resolved.  Terrible.

0 Likes
wdg_pgh

I just had a chat session with "Adil" who says that they know about the problem and are working on it.  I didn't ask when it would be resolved, as I wouldn't expect a definite answer.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.  There is no charge for online or phone support.

0 Likes
TerryP4

What happened to the option for online tech support in a chat window with a living, breathing human being?  Also, why is there not a single company rep who could monitor the forum live and respond in real time?  I'm sure Verizon can afford that...  One rep could handle a lot for users in the forum.

0 Likes
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

I haven't had problems with my computer but on my android phone I kept getting messages today that my password had been changed,which it hadn't, and couldn't receive emails on my Verizon email phone account but could on my gmail phone account.  Then suddenly I got lots of old emails that had been deleted long ago.  Now I am receiving emails to my Verizon account on my phone. However, I still can't send emails from my Verizon account (phone only) . I don't know if I should get in touch with the company handling my android phone or just wait and see if this is fixed too.

The ones I try to send from my phone just go to the OUTBOX (which I don't know what the purpose for is), and if I try to send from the OUTBOX the message I get is  "Failed".

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Holly

0 Likes