Re: POP settings for Verizon Yahoo e-mail
Clay12

I am having the same issues. I can get my emails using the yahoo app on my phone and logging in using my web browser but not using any other apps (I use Windows Live Mail and tried another web based app but no luck with either of those). I emailed yahoo and got the response that you see below, but still no luck.

Thank you for contacting Yahoo Customer Care.

I understand that you need assistance with sending and receiving emails. I really apologize for the inconvenience this caused you. Nothing to worry about, I'll do my best to help.

If you get an error or are suddenly unable to send or receive email with Yahoo Mail in a third-party app that used to work, then there's probably an issue with your account.

Check if you can sign in with a web browser

Use a web browser and try to sign in to your Yahoo Mail account. If you're asked to change your password, update your account info.

Check if your account can send or receive emails

If you're able to sign in without issue, send yourself an email from the web interface.

• If you get an error - search our help pages for that error to find the troubleshooting steps.
  • If you don't get an error - your account is working as expected.
What if my account is working outside of the app?

Check that the app is configured with the correct POP settings or IMAP settings for Yahoo Mail. Sometimes even if the info seems correct, the data on the hard drive that the app saved could be corrupt or contain hidden invalid characters. You can delete your account from the app and re-add it to be sure. If you need specific instructions for your app, contact its manufacturer. 

After properly setting up the settings but your password is still not being accepted, some older third-party email apps (that do not use our Yahoo branded sign in page) require you to enter a single password for login credentials. To access your Yahoo Mail account on these apps, you'll need to generate and use an app password. An app password is a long, randomly generated code that gives a non-Yahoo app permission to access your Yahoo account. You’ll only need to provide this code once to sign in to your third-party email app.
Use this app password and your email address to sign in to your email app.

I hope this helps. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you need further assistance. We are happy to help!
0 Likes
dee121
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same issue and found this.

I logged on to yahoo using verizon.net email.  Then I selected my account info,  Undere account security, selected manage app passwords, selected the app. and a password was generated.  Used that password for the yahoo POP settings.  

https://www.nucleustechnologies.com/how-to/configure-and-access-yahoo-account-in-outlook-2019-2016.h...

pattyax48

I cannot send/receive verizon email anymore on my iPhone or iPad but I can on laptop.  I had been able to send/receive it for years but a few months ago it stopped working.  I get no where with Verizon because they turned it over to aol and yahoo....my account was always set up through yahoo (incoming.yahoo.verizon.net) but it no longer works and no one seems to have an answer.  I've gone round and round with Yahoo and get nowhere.  HELP!

0 Likes
ZachE1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Install the Yahoo Mail app on your iPhone and iPad, and you will be able to access your Verizon Yahoo mail without any problems.

However, if you prefer to use Apple's iPhone/iPad default mail app, then use these settings:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/fix-pop-imap-client-sending-receiving-issues-sln3792.html

And you MUST get an APP PASSWORD from Yahoo:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/create-password-sln15241.html