Re: PROBLEM: Sending/Forwarding e-mail
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Is this a laptop or desktop pc? Is there any way you could hook it up to another network to attempt to send?

Do you have another pc that you could configure to test on your network?

From what you've done so far, I still don't know what the problem is. Another device/network might help isolate the issue a bit more.

NetJetFlyer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear SOMEGIRL:

Sorry for the delay in responding; I was away on business & National Guard duty.

Before I left  I tried your suggestion, but it did NOT work.

I was just playing around with different settings & EUREKA!...It worked.  I did the following:

In T-BIRD:   I CLICKED   " TOOLS>ACOUNT SETTINGS>OUTGOING SERVER(SMTP)" ;

then I CLICKED  "Verizon Online outgoing.server.net(Defalt)"  in the Outgoing Server

(SMTP) Settings box ;

then  CLICK  "Edit..."  (just below "Add...") ;

then  Fill In the following info. :

Description:     Verizon Online

Server Name:   outgoing.verizon.net

Port:                   25

Connection security:     None

Authentication method:  Encrypted password

User name:                     ******** (User ID to log onto  VERIZON  CENTRAL).

Having done all the above,  it worked in T-BIRD.  Haven't tried in OUTLOOK yet.

THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS!  - PERSEVERANCE PAYS OFF!

JRTEMT
Contributor - Level 2

I've also had email issues the past few weeks.

Windows VISTA  

IE9

Outlook 2007 with WinMail

I checked my Account properties and found my email address switched with my secondary email account (husband).

I definitely did NOT edit ANY email account properties recently!     hacked?  Trojan / virus ?

Once I corrected and matched the login credentials with the proper address port 110/597

it worked!  Got mail from 2 weeks ago and was able to send things. when I try to Forward Junk Folder emails, I am still blocked. FINE, guess Norton 360 is working!

Noticed unusual amount of SPAM. If you look at the properties of the email headers they are cryptic and possibly a test for a larger IT ATTACK in the near future as 9/11 is coming up on 10 yr anniversary folks.  Even though I send to VZ Spam Detector, the messages keep coming.....how about turning off the main spammers that are well known?

Verizon? any response?