PROOF !!!
JRD4
Enthusiast - Level 3

WebMail loses count of messages, would have lost some of my older email if I haden't caught it and refreshed!  First, the errored screen:

Now, after refresh :

Notice the messages that "appeared" after the refresh, my oldest messages...  These are often lost if I don't catch the error and refresh.

Now, Verizon, QUIT THE DENYING and FIX THE PROBLEM !!!

0 Likes
Re: PROOF !!!
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why don't you load an email application on your machine rather than using webmail.  Then you could massage them any way you like, keep them for ever and actually have multiple backup copies on different machines.  Leaving the email application open all the time would have the mail delivered to your machine as soon as it reaches your isp mailbox.

0 Likes
JRD4
Enthusiast - Level 3

NOT a solution. 

I use three different computers to access my email, at two different locations.  They must remain in sync, IMPOSSIBLE with a standard email app.

MUCH better if Verizon simply finds and fixes the problem.

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

@JRD wrote:

I use three different computers to access my email, at two different locations.  They must remain in sync, IMPOSSIBLE with a standard email app.

Actually, it is quite possible with a standard email program or app.  The key is having an email server that supports IMAP.  Unfortunately, Verizon only supports POP which does not allow for synchronization of multiple clients.  That is one of many reasons why I don't use Verizon's email for anything.

If you want to dump Verizon's email, you have several choices.  I have my own domain that I host with a very good hosting company.  Their servers support IMAP and I have unlimited email accounts.  I spend around $50/year for hosting and domain fees.  There are lower cost options as well, though they tend to limit the number of email accounts.

You could use a free email services such as gmail or outlook.  Both can be setup to pull mail from Verizon, so you don't have to give up your Verizon email address.  Both support IMAP clients.

There are other combinations of low cost domains and free email services that can be created.  It all depends on how much you're willing to spend and how much you want to configure.

I like having my email de-coupled from my ISP.  If I ever switch ISPs, my email address doesn't change.  In fact, I've had my address for over 17 years through multiple ISPs.  Can't easily do that with ISP provided email.

Bottom line is Verizon's email service is not very good.  There are plenty of options out there.  Explore them and find one that works for you.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@JRD wrote:

NOT a solution. 

MUCH better if Verizon simply finds and fixes the problem.

First, we cannot see the images you posted, they have not yet been approved by a Moderator. So anything I say here is just a guess.

I have not seen anybody else make the same complaint your have, so I think it is very probable it is a user setting issue. So I wonder what your setting is for Number of messages per page? One of the options is No Limit, which will always display all of the messages in your inbox.

But I really doubt the messages would have been lost anyway, I think they were still there.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
JRD4
Enthusiast - Level 3

I really don't want to be obnoxious about this, but I get tired of Verizon telling me I'm in error.

So:

1) I do have it set to show ALL messages.

2) The pictures were not approved by Verizon, because they show my entire email screen (which is the whole point!!!).  So their logic is: refuse the screens and don't show the proof, or I drop the screen shots and don't show the proof.  Verizon gets you coming and going...

3) Last time this came up and I hacked around a bit, I got a 501 error message from the WebMail connection.  501 is an error on their site (see below).  It is NOT an error on my end.  NOTE that the info below clearly states this.

4) The messages are NOT still present, in the inbox, sent, drafts, spam, trash, or any of my other folders.  I spent HOURS looking before speaking up, AND got Verizon to look also.  NOT THERE !!!

=================================================

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001020.htm 

What do I do if I get a 501 error on the Internet?

501A 501 is HTTP status code for not implemented. This status code is received when the server does not support the facility required.

Note: A 501 error is not something you can fix, but rather will require a fix by the web server admin who manages the website and server you are trying to access.

Web server overload

If the server that is handling the web page you're attempting to load is experiencing high traffic or is otherwise overloaded, it may be unable to complete your request and generate this error. If you're experiencing this error on a known good page, try loading the page again in a few minutes. If that is unsuccessful, try loading the page again later that day or the next day.

Web server errors

This error can also be encountered when the web server does not properly respond to the web browser's request or the program attempting to make a request with the web server.

Web server out of date

Finally, in some rare situations, the web server may need a software upgrade in order to properly communicate with your web browser or program.

======================================================

So PLEASE, someone with actual knowledge about the workings of the WebMail site, look carefully into this.  Duplicate my settings, connect through an actual internet connection, NOT on a local terminal, and delete or move to spam multiple messages at once.  Try this at busy times, and when some servers are switching,  Repeat, repeat, repeat, and eventually it will come up.  THEN FIX IT !!!

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@JRD wrote:

I really don't want to be obnoxious about this, but I get tired of Verizon telling me I'm in error........

Since this site is for Verizon customers to help other Verizon customers, that is what has happened here. Several of us have tried to help, to no avail, at least in part due to the lack of information available. So a couple of final thoughts:

1) It is your responsibility to remove personal information from any graphics you post. I applaud Verizon for refusing to ok graphics that contain personal information, and I think you should too.

2) In my almost 7 years here on the Forums I do not remember seeing any other complaints similar to yours; I wonder why? Just maybe it is because you have some setting in your browser (which you have not identified) that conflicts with Verizon's email servers. I have no idea what might be causing your problem since my suggested fix was not the answer, but I personally certainly have never seen what you are reporting in about 10 years of using Verizon's email services, via both webmail and a Windows based client.

Good luck, I hope you can find some resolution that satisfies you.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

If you obscure the names or other personal information on the screen shots, you may repost them.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Curious what you mean, that if you didn't refresh you would lose the older messages.  I don't see any reason for that to be True.  Not see them at the time I understand.

0 Likes
JRD4
Enthusiast - Level 3

Following my situation to a different level, I need to find out if Verizon WebMail has problems with the following common HTML technologies :

1) HTTP 1.1 (vs HTTP 1.0)

2) Pipelining

0 Likes