Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

Password on Primary e-mail Account

QuantumLife
Contributor
Contributor

Password on Primary e-mail Account

Message 1 of 3
(502 Views)

I recently changed my Verizon account password to make it a bit less hackable. However, the password on my primary e-mail account remains the same. I'd love to change the e-mail account password but all attempts at changing it sends me back to the Verizon account password change page (Account->Account Profile->Residential "Password Change") which, of course, only changes the Verizon account password. Does anyone have any suggestions short of calling customer support?

2 REPLIES 2
tns
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Password on Primary e-mail Account

Message 2 of 3
(494 Views)

For most they are the same.  So changing the account password changes the primary e-mail password.

QuantumLife
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Password on Primary e-mail Account

Message 3 of 3
(482 Views)

Thanks for the replay. The e-mail password on the primary account is decoupled from the Verizon account password for some reason. It may be because the e-mail is actual yahoo.verizon. I guess its off to phone support.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.