Re: Pasting screenshots into an email - cant do it
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

So yes, i can save it as jpg and then send as attachment, but that isnt what i want.

WHat i want is to paste it in body of email.  Attaching takes too long. Trying to shave n save time here.

Anyone know how this can be done with this verizon mail?

0 Likes
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

Greenshot is much better than the Snipping tool. it does everything quickly. Thanks though.

0 Likes
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

Hasnt changed. i could never drop screenshots into verizon mail. Thats why i asked if u can.

I know that i can save as a jpg and attach. i dont want to do that. i want to screenshot and drop it, like i can with Outlook.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@gcville wrote:

Hasnt changed. i could never drop screenshots into verizon mail. Thats why i asked if u can.

I know that i can save as a jpg and attach. i dont want to do that. i want to screenshot and drop it, like i can with Outlook.

I understand what you want. I have no idea why it doesn't work on Verizon email. I just did another test with AOL Mail and used the Print Screen button and used Ctl-V to paste into a new message just fine. No other steps. One disadvantage using this techniuqe with AOL Mail is it appears you cannot resize the image, and I can't remember a time when I have wanted to paste a full screen image into an email without resizing it smaller so it will fit on the recipient's display. Just me I guess.

But again, my process is (and remains with AOL Mail) to copy the screen, or any portion of the screen I want, using the Snipping Tool or my favorite tool PicPick, have it automatically saved as a .jpg, resize the image if I want to using any of a number of tools, then copy that (possibly resized) .jpg (right click on Windows Explorer entry, click on Copy in the pulldown) and PASTE IT using Ctl-V into the email. This process works for me, does not involve attaching the image, easy to use, and it is a paste operation.

More steps than you are willing to use I guess, but you said you don't want to attach, one more time, THIS IS NOT ATTACHING.

Sorry I cannot help, I give up....

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)
Soon to be a Frontier FiOS customer

0 Likes
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

Yeah, i do the sizing before i paste. Using Greenshot, you size it exactly as u want and then clip real fast. It is a great tool. Then i just drop to verizon mail.  It doesnt work though.  I need MS Outlook to make the screenshots work with a tiny amount of steps.  

I dont want to be saving as a jpg and then finding that file and copying and pasting that. I tried that anyway and didnt paste into Verizon mail (in Google Chrome). Paste is not bold when i try to paste it in the verizon mail compose area.

It will be quick and fast with Outlook and Outlook is much better anyway. Thanks for trying though.

0 Likes