Pasting screenshots into an email - cant do it

Pasting screenshots into an email - cant do it

SOLVED
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 11 of 15
(1,645 Views)

So yes, i can save it as jpg and then send as attachment, but that isnt what i want.

WHat i want is to paste it in body of email.  Attaching takes too long. Trying to shave n save time here.

Anyone know how this can be done with this verizon mail?

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 12 of 15
(1,645 Views)

Greenshot is much better than the Snipping tool. it does everything quickly. Thanks though.

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 13 of 15
(1,644 Views)

Hasnt changed. i could never drop screenshots into verizon mail. Thats why i asked if u can.

I know that i can save as a jpg and attach. i dont want to do that. i want to screenshot and drop it, like i can with Outlook.

Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 14 of 15
(1,628 Views)

@gcville wrote:

Hasnt changed. i could never drop screenshots into verizon mail. Thats why i asked if u can.

I know that i can save as a jpg and attach. i dont want to do that. i want to screenshot and drop it, like i can with Outlook.

I understand what you want. I have no idea why it doesn't work on Verizon email. I just did another test with AOL Mail and used the Print Screen button and used Ctl-V to paste into a new message just fine. No other steps. One disadvantage using this techniuqe with AOL Mail is it appears you cannot resize the image, and I can't remember a time when I have wanted to paste a full screen image into an email without resizing it smaller so it will fit on the recipient's display. Just me I guess.

But again, my process is (and remains with AOL Mail) to copy the screen, or any portion of the screen I want, using the Snipping Tool or my favorite tool PicPick, have it automatically saved as a .jpg, resize the image if I want to using any of a number of tools, then copy that (possibly resized) .jpg (right click on Windows Explorer entry, click on Copy in the pulldown) and PASTE IT using Ctl-V into the email. This process works for me, does not involve attaching the image, easy to use, and it is a paste operation.

More steps than you are willing to use I guess, but you said you don't want to attach, one more time, THIS IS NOT ATTACHING.

Sorry I cannot help, I give up....

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)
Soon to be a Frontier FiOS customer

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 15 of 15
(1,618 Views)

Yeah, i do the sizing before i paste. Using Greenshot, you size it exactly as u want and then clip real fast. It is a great tool. Then i just drop to verizon mail.  It doesnt work though.  I need MS Outlook to make the screenshots work with a tiny amount of steps.  

I dont want to be saving as a jpg and then finding that file and copying and pasting that. I tried that anyway and didnt paste into Verizon mail (in Google Chrome). Paste is not bold when i try to paste it in the verizon mail compose area.

It will be quick and fast with Outlook and Outlook is much better anyway. Thanks for trying though.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.