Plans to discontinue Verizon internet/landline service.
BDandCS
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are current users of Verizon.net emails through Yahoo so we have not been affected or notified of AOL migration...HOWEVER, we ARE PLANNING TO DISCONTINUE our current Verizon FiOS services (internet and landline) in a few days.

PLEASE someone tell me what to do with our current verizon.net emails so I do not lose them BEFORE canceling our Verizon service.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Plans to discontinue Verizon internet/landline service.
jonjones1
Legend

@BDandCS wrote:

We are current users of Verizon.net emails through Yahoo so we have not been affected or notified of AOL migration...HOWEVER, we ARE PLANNING TO DISCONTINUE our current Verizon FiOS services (internet and landline) in a few days.

PLEASE someone tell me what to do with our current verizon.net emails so I do not lose them BEFORE canceling our Verizon service.

Depending on how many emails you have I would set up a free gmail account or Outlook account and just forwarded them to your new email service. In the old days you could batch save them onto disks or diskettes or burn them to dvd/cdr media and view them that way. 

If you have the time forwarding is the way to go.

View solution in original post

jonjones1
Legend

@BDandCS wrote:

Depending on how many emails you have I would set up a free gmail account or Outlook account and just forwarded them to your new email service. In the old days you could batch save them onto disks or diskettes or burn them to dvd/cdr media and view them that way. 

If you have the time forwarding is the way to go.

TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Would recommend gmail hope this helps you to decide

Import  restore  or back up contacts in Gmail

You can save names, email addresses, phone numbers, and more in Google Contacts.

GET a FREE gmail account

Import contacts

If you have contact lists that you want to use in Gmail, you can import them into Google Contacts.

Note: When you import details for someone who's already in your Google Contacts, the imported contact will replace the existing contact.

From Yahoo, Outlook, Hotmail, AOL, and other email providers

Go to Google Contacts.

On the left, click More and then Import.

Select the account you want to import from.

Click I Agree, Let’s Go!

Sign in to your email account.

Click Agree.

Let all of us know how it went for you.