Switch Account

Poor support response - How to get actual help?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Poor support response - How to get actual help?

Message 1 of 7
(2,626 Views)

Please fill me in on how to persuade verizon to answer the phone in a timely fashion, or to have chat support folks help resolve e-mail issues.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Poor support response - How to get actual help?

Message 7 of 7
(2,431 Views)

I finally got through to a live person on the phone.  Previous chat support was no help.

Each time I did call, it took 4 to 5 minutes to get through the e-prompts to even get into the queue.  On my last call it only took an additional 4 minutes after that to get to Sean.  He had a great demeanor, but seemed green (which is fine as long as he is wanting to really help, which he did).  It turns out that I came across the answer myself, moments before he did...but we got there.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II

Message 2 of 7
(2,613 Views)

@cosb1 wrote:

Please fill me in on how to persuade verizon to answer the phone in a timely fashion, or to have chat support folks help resolve e-mail issues.

I haven't had long wait times on the phone very often, and the chat support people have been pretty helpful for me. I can tell you that which options you choose on the phone tree really do matter. Maybe try calling/chatting at a different time of day?

If you are having trouble getting in touch with Verizon support and think your issue is something your peers here on this peer-to-peer forum could help with, try posting some information and we'll see if we have an answer for you.

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
Highlighted
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Message 3 of 7
(2,575 Views)

@cosb1 wrote:

I usually call the local FiOS store and they're very helpful there.

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 4 of 7
(2,563 Views)

What are the issues you are having with the e-mail?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 7
(2,548 Views)

I have told the system to unlink from my yahoo account.  It says it has, but I can still log in from yahoo.  I have changed the password for my verizon account, but the old password still works when logging in via yahoo (which I do not want it to be able to do).  The new verizon password does not work for Yahoo, just for Verizon.

This all cam about when I got my new verizon smart phone and I wanted to link my verizon e-mail.  It keeps telling me that I have the wrong credentials (it is lying).

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 6 of 7
(2,529 Views)

Your smart phone will not log into your e-mail with the old or new password? What settings are you using to connect? Block any personal info.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 7 of 7
(2,432 Views)

I finally got through to a live person on the phone.  Previous chat support was no help.

Each time I did call, it took 4 to 5 minutes to get through the e-prompts to even get into the queue.  On my last call it only took an additional 4 minutes after that to get to Sean.  He had a great demeanor, but seemed green (which is fine as long as he is wanting to really help, which he did).  It turns out that I came across the answer myself, moments before he did...but we got there.

View solution in original post

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.