Switch Account

Problem receiving mail in Outlook

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Problem receiving mail in Outlook

Message 1 of 2
(606 Views)

I use Outlook as my POP client. This evening I went to check my email, received some new emails, but the send/receive dialog informed me it was retrieving 185 new emails ("Receiving list of messages from server..." in Outlook). A popup kept appearing telling me my POP3 server has not responded in 60 seconds (incoming.verizon.net) and would I like to wait for it to respond? I'd keep clicking "Wait", the task bar would get to maybe 85-90% and then it would say:

"Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'Verizon email', Server: 'incoming.verizon.net', .... " etc.

I wasn't expecting to receive that many emails and I'm concerned that there could be a problem with my POP3 server. There is no way I'd receive over 180 emails in one day.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Re: Problem receiving mail in Outlook

Message 2 of 2
(598 Views)

Go to;  http://webmail.verizon.net/signin/

And visually check the messages in your inbox.

Then double-check the settings for incoming.verizon.net and outgoing.verizon.net  and verify that they are configured correctly.

The Lithium Software sux !!
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.