Problems deleting e-mails
McCavity

For the past several weeks, I've had problems deleting e-mails. I click the box next to selected e-mails and then click delete. I do not get an error message, but when the e-mail list comes back up, the ones I tried to delete are still there. Sometimes I have to chack an e-mail four or five times before  I manage to delete it. I get the best results when I only check two or three e-mails at a time and am careful to position the cursor in the exact center of the delete button and wait until the word "delete" appears next to the cursor before clicking. Even that does not always work, though. This is really tedious and annoying. Anyone else having this problem?

0 Likes
Re: Problems deleting e-mails
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I have sent you a private message to get more information.

0 Likes
nnnnnnnnnnn1

On the main screen I check several box and hit delete and I get something like  9 please confirm choices in red

and the deleted is still there I repeat and the same about 5 times sometimes more

0 Likes
Jvans
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having similar problems.. but can't seem to delete anything at all.. no matter what I do. 

0 Likes
vettegirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too have been having the exact same issues. Sometimes, I will also get a dialog stating to check a message first. Well, the message was checked. Refreshing the page doesn't always work either.  All of these issues seem to have happened after the last upgrade. I'm so irritated that I may change my email to Google, eventhough I've had this one for about 12 years.

0 Likes
burch126

I too am having difficulty deleting e-mails as well as sending relies and occasionally bringing up a message. The circular icon just sits and spins. I can x out and start over and it works fine in most caes. Having to do everything twice is very time consuming and aggravating. I am extremely unhappy with everything Verizon at this point.

0 Likes
mstoddard
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have also been having this issue for quite some time.   Sometimes you need to delete the same email multiple times before it goes away.   In addition, checking more than a few emails at one time to try to delete all of them, is asking for an error message to be displayed.  This issue is extremely aggravating and makes verizon email very difficult to use.  Not happy with this product at all.

0 Likes
CharliePec

I too am having same problems. It is very frustrating and disgusting as these occur often. Sometimes even opening a message the circular icon freezes and the message is not displayed. You have to make numerous attempts to open or delete message(s) and at times to send messages as well. Is there a fix for these problems? I never experienced these problems in Outlook, Comcast or AOL e-mails. What is Verizon doing about corecting these problems?

0 Likes
bunnylover1
Enthusiast - Level 2

My problem is even worse.  For a few months now, I've had the same issue, where I click to delete several (or just a few) emails in my inbox, but after completing the process, the emails are still all in my inbox.  Sometimes it takes three or four attempts to actually move them into trash.  But here's the bigger problem - I discovered about a month ago that whenever FIOS doesn't delete the messages I've selected, it randomly deletes other emails from my inbox and puts them into trash.  So now I have to review the contents of my trash folder before I empty it.  And I need to check the trash daily, just to make sure that something hasn't ended up there and will be automatically dumped at some point.  I only discovered this after losing some important emails that I'd read but hadn't had a chance to respond to yet - when I went back to look for them, they were gone!  I've held off calling tech support because everytime I've had an email problem, it's been a tedious process and ultimately I've just had to wait for the FIOS email servers to be rebooted.  This time, I've just been waiting for them to do another upgrade in hopes that it resolves the problem, but I guess I'll have to break down and call tech support.  Not at all happy considering what I'm paying these days for our triple play bundle.

0 Likes
smg58

I have the exact same problem. I select emails to delete and then they are not deleted. Emails which I have not selected to be deleted are placed in the trash. So daily I have to sift through the trash to retrieve messages and place them in the inbox. Moreover, it seems that after 6 days my emails are automatically swept into the trash. This is very annoying. I really don't want to use gmail as my primary account but Verizon makes it difficult.

0 Likes