Re: Problems with Outlook and sending email
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@sunny619 wrote:

I change my verizon email setting from

incoming.verizon.net  to pop.verizon.net   port 995

outgoing.verizon.net to smtp.verizon.net   port 465

I am able to receive email but not sending . I found many of the user have same problem/

have anyone solved this problem

I have tried online chat.  The helper took more than one hour go through with me did the saem thing I did. He told me to restart the computer and thanks me for my patient and leave.

I use verizon to communicate with closer friends, now, I can't send email........

Anyone can help me?

Check that you do not have apop (authenticated password) set.

Make sure ssl is set on your smtp connection.

If a yahoo user different servers are used.

If still doesn't work post all your settings obscuring password, userid, and any other personal info.

Friendly
Contributor - Level 2

TNS 2,

Your problem is same problem about 99.9 percent of us have. We at first thought of spending money for a newer version of OUTLOOK, however it doesn't matter.

Every version of OUTLOOK is on this forum with the same problems.

It may be Verizon's server settings with SSL because the only way to fix this now is to go to another server.

If other servers work, and they appear to work with Outlook, then why doesn't Verizon work with OUTLOOK?

Yahoo worked with Outlook for us for years until we had to drop it and go with the direct Verizon settings. That also appears to be when all of us started having our SENDING ISSUES.

0 Likes
jhayes98

can you please send the screen captures and details.

My verizon/yahoo email stopped working a few days ago via Outlook. All webmail instances along with my android are still working as normal.

Something seemed to change on their end since i've not made any changes to my pc or outlook config.

thanks

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

I'm having the same basic problem being discussed in this thread but in my case the email client is Windows Live Mail.  This is the error message I get intermittently:

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Subject 'Re: Your message
Server: 'smtp.verizon.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 465
Secure(SSL): Yes

Operating system is Windowsy 7 (x64) SP1;  A/V and firewall:  Microsoft Securtiy Essentials; 75/35 FiOS plan and connection to Actiontec Rev I router is via Ethernet Cat 6 cable.

If I get that message I just resend.  Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 tries but eventually the message(s) will send without making any changes.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Verizon knows there's a problem and it working on it, or that someone here will post a solution to correct this annoyance.

0 Likes
Friendly
Contributor - Level 2

I have been coming here at least two months and there have been at least a hundred or more requests and Verizon clients asking and requesting help.

NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE, I WAS TOLD THIS IS NOT A VERIZON FORUM IT IS A PRIVATE ONE OF VERIZON FANS.

I have tried to contact Verizon and I know from postings many many many others have been asking Verizon for help and NOTHING HAPPENS AND NO ONE RESPONDS.

Some one at Verizon better wise up and work on this, I know in our area people are leaving Verizon. The other ISP are all offering great packages to win back customers.

People are going back because they want their email to work, that is a simple request and with Verizon it is apparently an impossible request.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Friendly wrote:

TNS 2,

Your problem is same problem about 99.9 percent of us have. We at first thought of spending money for a newer version of OUTLOOK, however it doesn't matter.

Every version of OUTLOOK is on this forum with the same problems.

It may be Verizon's server settings with SSL because the only way to fix this now is to go to another server.

If other servers work, and they appear to work with Outlook, then why doesn't Verizon work with OUTLOOK?

Yahoo worked with Outlook for us for years until we had to drop it and go with the direct Verizon settings. That also appears to be when all of us started having our SENDING ISSUES.

I have tried two versions of outlook (2007 and 2010) and have no problem at all using verizon for email (non-yahoo user). 

0 Likes
STELON66

I'm using 2007 Outlook and having the same sending issue I've read about here.

I have a Yahoo/Verizon account.

I have been using outgoing server Port 25 for years. After reading through the forum I've tried Port 26, 80, 465, and 587 with all encryption choices (SSL, TSL, and NONE). However, I still cannot get my Outlook to send a test email. Can you help me? Do you need to know any other settings?

Thanks for whatever you can do.

SLong

0 Likes
Friendly
Contributor - Level 2

Since a few days after New Years our email is working wonderfully again. I believe Verizon has done something at least in our service area that we can receive and send without a problem any longer.

I was waiting to see if anyone else has had this experience, it is wonderful and we have Outlook 2003 someone suggested we purchase the Newest Outlook however this was happening TO ALL THE VERSIONS OF OUTLOOK.

Now we are just fine, THANK YOU VERIZON.

0 Likes
gramsey727

Seems the problem getting Outlook 2010 to communicate is common. I looked at forums and got a succesful message after making a few adjustments in trial and error.

I did the following:

E mail set up

Incoming server ( POP3) 995

check server requires encryption

outgoing server ( SMTP) 465

use SSL encryption

0 Likes