Problems with sorting/deleting emails?
John4411
Has anyone noticed that in the new version of Verizon email, you can't sort the emails into any other order before you delete them. Specifically, if you sort your emails by Sender, and then delete some of them, the emails that you checked before hitting the delete button DO NOT GET DELETED! Some other emails get deleted. I am guessing that the deleted emails are those that were in the same place holder in the email list before the sort happened... or something. At any rate, if you sort your emails by some alternative sort key, don't delete them. You will delete other emails that you may actually need to keep. Does anyone know how to report this to Verizon tech support? I checked the support screen, and found nowhere to actually type a notice like this. John
0 Likes
Re: Problems with sorting/deleting emails?
SoCal-Al
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, same exact problem is occuring with me too. Sorting by sender and then checking the boxes for deletion is quicker but it looks like I've have to select individual email for deletion. What a pain the arse!

Also cannot email or telephone Verizon via the support page since said page just loops back after clicking "contact" link.

0 Likes
ccdaven

I have same problem, not being able to delete selected Email's, also other selection places like, SPAM,AND MOVE TO, don't function. I don't understand how this over-lay of my original mail page came about but I found no way to revert back to my original page . One other note one INBOX is showing 51 mails and the over-lay page is showing 65 mails.

Smiley Mad

0 Likes
SoCal-Al
Enthusiast - Level 3

My temporary solution is to change email setting from "No Limit" emails per page to "50" emails per page. I can sort by sender, click selected emails and press delete. Selected emails are correctly deleted.

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

This particular issue seems to be with verizon 3.0...We are looking into the issue and have sent it to the Devs to have them investigate and correct the issue. Unfortunately we don't have an eta at this time. I'll update the thread here when the issue is found and then when resolved.

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

This issue should be resolved tonight when everyone wakes up it will be resolved

0 Likes
Mark5691

I'll believe the fix when I see it. In the meantime I spent 2 hours in online chat with two people in India neither of whom could fix the problem, nor could they understand that it was a Verizon-end problem and not a client-end problem.

further I have lost most of the e-mails in my Inbox between 10/23 and 11/17. And they aren't in my deleted folder either. The deleted folder also has fewer e-mails between those same dates as I would expect. One of the lost e-mails is a flight confirmation e-mail. I don't know what else I lost form my inbox, nor how. Since nothing appears to delete all day as I worked with the chat staff.

0 Likes
SoCal-Al
Enthusiast - Level 3

"This issue should be resolved tonight when everyone wakes up it will be resolved."

Guess I woke up too early as the problem as not been resolved.

Email setting at "No Limit" and have 400 email. Sort by Sender and anything marked for deletion that's not near the top of the list results in an error. Selecting 2 email that's not at top of list results in an "Undefined" error prompt. If I select a single emai for deletion I get an error prompt asking me to select at least one email.

I'm returning back to temp solution of 50 emails per page.

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

I was advised it was suppose to be resolved......I was just emailed by the Devs 100% its going out tonight... Sorry for the inconvience. 😞

0 Likes
SoCal-Al
Enthusiast - Level 3

Happy to report that the issues I had have been fixed. Thank you and have a Happy Thanksgiving all!

0 Likes