Question about canceling Verizon internet and preserving email sub accounts using Domain Services
beman1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Does anyone know if the Sub mailbox aliases are maintained.  For example, the sub mailbox is so old that it has the vze address.  That mailbox has an alias that is firstname.lastname@verizon.net

So with the domain registry, the link is to the vze address (the sub mailbox name).  That will surely be preserved on the switch.  Will the alias (firstname.lastname@verizon.net) also be maintained?

So, for example:

sub mailbox account name: vze1234@verizon.net

sub mailbox alias: jane.doe@verizon.net

so mail sent to jane.doe@verizon.net resolves to vze1234@verizon.net and is delivered.

Domain name: myfamily.net

So vze1234@verizon.net -> vze1234@myfamily.net

and jane.doe@verizon.net  -> vze1234@verizon.net -> vze1234@myfamily.net

When Verizon service is canceled, will jane.doe@verizon.net still go to vze1234@verizon.net and therefore be linked to vze1234@myfamily.net?

Thanks!

Brian

0 Likes
Re: Question about canceling Verizon internet and preserving email sub accounts using Domain Service
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

You keep your old email accounts with verizon and they retain their current settings. It basically just keeps it active the same, in addition to giving you your own domain name email.

Re: Question about canceling Verizon internet and preserving email sub accounts using Domain Service
beman1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks so much!

0 Likes
ericnyc
Enthusiast - Level 3
I was told by keepmyemail.com support that they cannot handle aliases. Are you saying they can?
0 Likes
ernieh2

eric.....see my post below to your thread......this is baically what I was told after going through the same phone call route as you [to verizon's credit, it did not take long to find out the information......just crossing my fingers and hoping that it all works out]. Still digesting how this all works........if, indeed, the domain just aliases your verizon account/sub-account, then it would make sense [as wound Anthony's post] that all email that goes to the primary account/sub-account should be handled just as it was before you had the domain service [meaning aliases would go to the appropriate primary/sub account inboxes.

0 Likes
ericnyc
Enthusiast - Level 3

What i dont really get is there is no way we are the only 2 people who run into this issue. So i dont understand why tech support does not have a routine to handle this appropriately.

Also, see long post under my thread.

0 Likes