Re: Question about hacked email
cirripedia1

As of January 5, I too am experiencing this problem of returned and undeliverable emails.  I am on a Mac and use Mac Mail.  I did have my contacts list on the Verizon email account and it was all these old email addresses used by the hacher, not my current contact list.  This suggests that my account was hacked at the Verizon email level and not on my computer.  Also, it was a secondary email address used for resumes and job applications.  If anyone finds an answer, please post it here.  Thanks.

0 Likes
TomK11

I had the same issue this week. Was unaware of this thread so I started one called "Compromised Contacts."

An old "sent file" that was left on the Verizon web site months ago was hacked and all the contacts were sent spam.

Since I see that several people have this same issue, and I cannot see a meaningful response from Verizon, my solution will be to switch to gmail to send mail when I travel. It's a pain, but should be more secure.

0 Likes
fishingeddie
Enthusiast - Level 3

My email got hacked last night. Verizon what are you doing about this?

0 Likes
Buffy3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also have been getting failure to deliver email that I never sent.

Some were hotmail address???

Please figure out what is going on....

0 Likes
angrymom1

this is happening to me also!!!! someone is sending phishing emails to my my contacts. it says it is sent via verizon mobile. i do not have a verizon mobile account!! Do i need to cancel my verizon internet to get this resolved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
PSulse

I too have been hacked.  Looks like Verizon does not have a Handel on security.  I Switched over from a cable company which I had for over 10 years, never did this happen.  I am constantly updating virus and firewall apps. 

My particular situation was some one sent a mass email to all my contacts.  After the first time (Yes It happened twice) I removed all my contacts and it appeared to happen again.

I do not even use the Verizon account anymore.  Good old Gmail, or my Old email which is still active after 6 months, Nice.

Verizon is horrible!

0 Likes
spjhrj

I was hacked yesterday. An inappropriate email followed by a second email was sent to all my contacts from my secondary email address that said "verizon webmail'.  I changed my password.  Do I need to do anything else?

0 Likes
_DaveM

Just got hacked this morning - someone is now sending my Verizon contacts spam using my email address as the "sent from".  Since I only use my Verizon email account as a pass-through (since it does not support IMAP, but gmail does), I'm going to delete all my Verizon contacts.  I've also changed my password.  This might not help, as the "cat is out of the bag", but what else can I do?  This is embarrassing.  Is this a security failure on the part of Verizon??

0 Likes