RE: Action Required Now - Important Changes to your Verizon Email Account
Liveaboard1
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, so I easily changed the recommended settings from Verizon in my Apple email account.

But when it comes to changing any of those server settings on my Samsung Galaxy ... I don't see instructions anywhere, including the smart phone manual.

What to do?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: RE: Action Required Now - Important Changes to your Verizon Email Account
docksidedale1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Okay i get that they want us to have a safer email experience, but what will happen if i dont change the POP settings?

im still getting my email just fine. Does anyone know the answer to this...what if we leave the setting the way they are...will we still get email?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
docksidedale1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Okay i get that they want us to have a safer email experience, but what will happen if i dont change the POP settings?

im still getting my email just fine. Does anyone know the answer to this...what if we leave the setting the way they are...will we still get email?

0 Likes
Kevwah

Don't change them!  I changed my settings and now cannot send any e-mail.  I tried changing the SMTP server back to incoming.verizon.net and that doesn't work now either.

0 Likes
Gizmo85

Verizon sent this out last year also and I made the setting changes.  I then could not send or receive email, so I changed the settings back to where they were.  Everything has been working fine.  I probably won't be making any changes this time either.

0 Likes
Liveaboard1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I designated the first reply as 'solution' ONLY BECAUSE I WANT TO STOP REPLIES'.

There ought to be an easier way of doing that. "Options" should have given me the option to'Opt Out' but it didn't.

0 Likes
freda11

The mistake almost everyone makes in changing the email settings is not properly pulling in "PASSWORD"  as the AUTHENTICATION; then it works! 

0 Likes
DRLA

Is this change required? 

If so, I can figure out how to change the settings, but where do I find information regarding SSL Enabled and the Ports? 

Thanks.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@DRLA wrote:

If so, I can figure out how to change the settings, but where do I find information regarding SSL Enabled and the Ports? 

Thanks.

Is this change required?   YES.  At some future date they will phase out the old servers.

The settings are all well documented.  For many devices, but not all, the details have been posted by Verizon or by various of your peers.