REPLY should be displayed as a 'TAB' function when reading an email
lmartina1
Enthusiast - Level 1

REPLY should be displayed as a 'TAB' function when reading an email.

The REPLY tab or function should be displayed within the function bar along the top of the email header of the 'INBOX' current email.    CURRENT HEADER TAB:  > COMPOSE    > DELETE     > SPAM    > MOVE TO     > ACTIONS

Proposed Solution: 

1.  ADD > REPLY

2.  REMOVE > COMPOSE

REPLY should be a NATURAL> NEXT FUNCTION.  One does not COMPOSE when replying to an email.  COMPOSE does not propagate the SENDER'S EMAIL.   The current workaround is to SELECT 'ACTION', then, SELECT REPLY.  This is an unnecessary step in basic email read/reply functionality.   

Does anyone else agree? - Lou.

Re: REPLY should be displayed as a 'TAB' function when reading an email
Justin46
Legend

I don't particularly agree, although I suppose it would be a little better than what is already there. When I look at an email I see an icon for reply:

So it only takes one click to Reply. You don't see it? And next to it is the Reply All, and next to that is Forward. Seems pretty easy to me.

Compose is not a reply, it is "create a new email". I think "New" or "New Email" would have been better, but that is what they chose. I think compose is there so you could easily create a new email while looking at one you received, but not forwarding it.

Anyway, it doesn't take any more clicks now than it would with your suggestion if you want to reply, at least for me.

Keller, TX 76248