Received emails from Verizon - Pictures do not show correctly and strange characters appear in text
nosewiki

When I receive emails from Verizon users, embedded images do not display inline.  Each image(s) instead is displayed as a empty box with the red X boxed at the upper left.  The images are correctly displayed at the very end of the email.

Additionally, dotted capital A's appears frequently within the text as well as other extraneous characters and symbols.

Do I have an incorrect setting in Live Mail (Outlook express displays the same) or is it something Verizon is doing?  All of my other emails from different providers display properly.

Thanks in advance for any assistance which might be offered.

nosewiki

0 Likes
Re: Received emails from Verizon - Pictures do not show correctly and strange characters appear in t
epoclaen

I'm having the exact same problem.  My guess is that the format of the emails is being altered and corrupting the code within the email.  Maybe there's a "send as rich text"/"send as HTML" setting that needs to be changed?

Any help would be great!

0 Likes
Re: Received emails from Verizon - Pictures do not show correctly and strange characters appear in t
Pokerj1

I have the same problem rec eiving from a friend who uses verizon. I use aol and even opened it in Internet Exporer and the same thing happened. This is a programing glitch with verizon email. I get the text in the email but the white squares with an x and no image. I have to downlod the images and open it as an attachment. The problem is you look at the image without the text which might be describing the image. Very inconvient. The person sending the emal has to enable the rich text option . I am still looking on how to do it on Verizon email but since I don't have it I am having trouble finding a solution.

Pokerj

0 Likes