Receiving E-mail From People On My Contact List Erroneously
aheap

I have started receiving e-mail from some of the people on my Verizon contact list.  For example, if Jack Jones is someone I correspond with, I will receive a message that looks like it is from him, but when I look at the sender details, it is from some e-mail account that we never heard of.  In the message body, is a URL to click on.  The subject is sometimes blank or sometimes it says:  "For MyName".  This has happened with several different of my contacts about once or twice a week with different URL's to click on.  What can I do to stop this?  Thanks for any assistance.

0 Likes
Re: Receiving E-mail From People On My Contact List Erroneously
tns
Master - Level 2

You or they probably have either

• caught a computer viurs
  • had their email account stolen
  • had someone steal the email contatcts and are being email spoofed

Both you and your contacts should consider doing

1. change your email account password immediately
  2. scan your computer with good antivirus software
  3. You may want to change your email name
Re: Receiving E-mail From People On My Contact List Erroneously
aheap

I noticed that the three contacts that have been e-mailing me are the same three people that I have friended on Facebook.  Do you think this is where it could be happening?  I have not received any e-mail from their actual e-mail accounts nor have they received any from me, so I think my e-mail name is secure.  Also, I checked my sent messages and nothing is showing up as sent from me (that wasn't really sent by me).

0 Likes