Re: Reset Password on Sub-Account
tpduden

Yeah... you can bold and italicize "no possibility" all you want, but we are right.

The instructions fail for some of us, Verizon's techs on the phone are aware, no one knows why or how to fix it.

For some of us:

Once you get the reset code and enter it at the appropriate place, it lets you in at the main account to reset the password.

For others, it works correctly and lets them in at the sub account. So there is that.

0 Likes
chunkachunka

I've tried for 30 minutes to change subaccount password.  When I get the temp password, it brings up the primary user ID.  no way to change it.  Online with verizon now.  Suprisingly they are experiencing higher than usual hold times.

0 Likes
Commoncents1

@armond_in_nj wrote:

@DKUVA wrote:

No it does not work -- every time it resets the primary account password, not the subaccount password.

There is no possibility that, having entered the correct subaccount user name, answered the correct subaccount secret question, and then requested a subaccount password change, that the system will then reset the main account password.

Repeat: no possibility.

The detailed procedure carefully outlined in post number four in this thread is the correct (and perhaps only) procedure.

You are wrong, I repeat you are wrong.  It's exactly what happens. REPEAT: EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENS

I know because it's happening right now and even though I use the sub account information EVERYTIME, it resets the MAIN account password.  REPEAT EVERYTIME.

0 Likes
Peganmn
Enthusiast - Level 3

EXACTLY the experience I just had.  I tried to reset the password for a subaccount but when I entered the four diget code it sent me via phone it then took me to my primary account.  I had to call support to get them to reset the subaccount password.  Very frustrating.

0 Likes
hughj1

Am asked for zip code, not secret question

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes