Retrieving Emails [verizon.net] from Local Folders after upgrading to a new computer
gsrdriver

I just upgraded to a Windows 8.1 PC.  I was able to retain Windows Mail even though Windows 8.1 says you cannot use POP3 email service.  For those having the same issue, go to Windows to download and install Windows Essentials.  Now that I have done that, I want to migrate my local email folders to my new PC.  Does anyone know how to do this?  Where I can find the  folders where emails are located on my old PC hard drive?  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Retrieving Emails [verizon.net] from Local Folders after upgrading to a new computer
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

It depends on what client you were using before.  Windows 7 for example didn't have and email client and Microsoft recommended you use the Windows (live) essential one instead. 

Basics for importing from Microsoft outlook express, Windows mail (vista) and other windows live are described in help see http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/mail-import-backup-restore

For others you would have to see about exporting to a supported format.

0 Likes
Re: Retrieving Emails [verizon.net] from Local Folders after upgrading to a new computer
gsrdriver

Thank you for your prompt response.  I tried your solution.  Unfortunately it did not work.  I did it several times, including just trying to transfer one local folder.  The folder transferred but only one email of 8 was in the transferred folder.  I am not sure what to do at this point.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

You are talking to peers, but even Verizon would need to know what you are migrating from to tell you how to migrate.  Same box or new box, etc.  You might have to move or restore some files that don't migrate going to a new OS.  I know that I had to go back for the files on my XP machine when migrating to a new machine.  Microsoft's own software hadn't migrated them.

0 Likes