Rich Internet Webmail gone
smay2

I've been using the Rich Internet Webmail since it was first available, but sometime in the last 2 weeks it has reverted back to the crappy basic mail view and I don't have an option in the Settings to switch it back.  I've gone through the process of "signing up" again but it just tells me to go the the Settings and change it, which I can't do.

Any help?

0 Likes
Re: Rich Internet Webmail gone
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Good morning. Below the subject line when you compose a piece of mail do you see a link for Rich Text?

0 Likes
smay2

No I do not.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

It seems you are talking about something other than the rich text/plain text composing option. Can you maybe provide a screenshot of what it is that you see? (Obscuring any personal info, of course.)

Also maybe describe a little more clearly what it was you had before that is missing/different now?

0 Likes
smay2

Below is a pic of the basic mail view I now see.  Previously I would see the Rich Internet Webmail display similar to the demo at http://www.verizon.net/micro/webmail/form/Webmail3preview.htm.  This demo is not completely up-to-date with all the latest updates but you should get the idea.  It has a preview pane at the bottom, drag-and-drop, row selection, etc.

I didn't change any settings, just logged in one day and it was different.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@smay wrote:

Below is a pic of the basic mail view I now see.  Previously I would see the Rich Internet Webmail display similar to the demo at http://www.verizon.net/micro/webmail/form/Webmail3preview.htm.  This demo is not completely up-to-date with all the latest updates but you should get the idea.  It has a preview pane at the bottom, drag-and-drop, row selection, etc.

I didn't change any settings, just logged in one day and it was different.

<image>

The preview pane at least can be turned on and off. Go into General Settings and there should be an option for preview/no preview.

I see from your screenshot that you are on a small business account, so your portal may be different from ours.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

At least on my residential the rich/text indicator is only an option on the compose screen.  I believe for received mail it always displays rich (I.e. HTML)  rathen than text if the message has rich format.

At this point most, if not all, have been forced to the newer webmail screens.

0 Likes
smay2
As I mentioned, until 2after asks ago I had all off these options regarding the preview pane and rich text you are speaking off. I've suddenly lost all of it and reverted back to this painful basic view form. Guess I'll have to call support. Thanks
0 Likes
doorco28

i am having the same problem as you,  it also will log me out every 5 to 10 min.  have you found a solution??

0 Likes