Switch Account

Rich Internet Webmail gone

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Rich Internet Webmail gone

Message 1 of 9
(980 Views)

I've been using the Rich Internet Webmail since it was first available, but sometime in the last 2 weeks it has reverted back to the crappy basic mail view and I don't have an option in the Settings to switch it back.  I've gone through the process of "signing up" again but it just tells me to go the the Settings and change it, which I can't do.

Any help?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: Rich Internet Webmail gone

Message 2 of 9
(952 Views)

Good morning. Below the subject line when you compose a piece of mail do you see a link for Rich Text?

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 9
(942 Views)

No I do not.

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II

Message 4 of 9
(913 Views)

It seems you are talking about something other than the rich text/plain text composing option. Can you maybe provide a screenshot of what it is that you see? (Obscuring any personal info, of course.)

Also maybe describe a little more clearly what it was you had before that is missing/different now?

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 5 of 9
(906 Views)

Below is a pic of the basic mail view I now see.  Previously I would see the Rich Internet Webmail display similar to the demo at http://www.verizon.net/micro/webmail/form/Webmail3preview.htm.  This demo is not completely up-to-date with all the latest updates but you should get the idea.  It has a preview pane at the bottom, drag-and-drop, row selection, etc.

I didn't change any settings, just logged in one day and it was different.

Webmail.jpg

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II

Message 6 of 9
(881 Views)

@smay wrote:

Below is a pic of the basic mail view I now see.  Previously I would see the Rich Internet Webmail display similar to the demo at http://www.verizon.net/micro/webmail/form/Webmail3preview.htm.  This demo is not completely up-to-date with all the latest updates but you should get the idea.  It has a preview pane at the bottom, drag-and-drop, row selection, etc.

I didn't change any settings, just logged in one day and it was different.

<image>

The preview pane at least can be turned on and off. Go into General Settings and there should be an option for preview/no preview.

I see from your screenshot that you are on a small business account, so your portal may be different from ours.

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 7 of 9
(874 Views)

At least on my residential the rich/text indicator is only an option on the compose screen.  I believe for received mail it always displays rich (I.e. HTML)  rathen than text if the message has rich format.

At this point most, if not all, have been forced to the newer webmail screens.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 8 of 9
(868 Views)
As I mentioned, until 2after asks ago I had all off these options regarding the preview pane and rich text you are speaking off. I've suddenly lost all of it and reverted back to this painful basic view form. Guess I'll have to call support. Thanks
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 9 of 9
(685 Views)

i am having the same problem as you,  it also will log me out every 5 to 10 min.  have you found a solution??

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.