Re: SMTP down?
scififan2
Contributor - Level 1

I've been having problems with both sending and downloading mail using Thunderbird since last night (2/11/2016). Still having problems tonight, but so far primarily with sending messages. Incoming seems to be working better than yesterday.

I'm in Maryland.

0 Likes
Bob1692
Contributor - Level 1

Started having problems in Northern Virginia about three days ago.  Email client times out, then the "enter new password" dialog pops up. 

I also had a heck of a time trying to log into the forums yesterday as the sign-on went into a continuous loop and would never sign me in.  It took several tries this morning to get signed in, too.

If everyone is being switched over to AOL, I've never received any notification about it, let alone any instructions on whether or not I need to change any instructions.

0 Likes
Thistle
Enthusiast - Level 2
SMTPs problems with Vz/AOL servers (using port 465) have continued for me in MD since 2/10/2016. Today outbound emails have failed pretty much continuously even for simple test messages with little text. smtp.verizon.net has resolved to both 64.12.91.200 and 152.163.35.8 in the failure cases. The failures are sometimes server down, but mostly are server timeouts exceeding 10 seconds in the authentication phase in which the server doesn't reply. The ESMTP interaction has involved more than 2 proxy servers as identified by the 220 response (vz-proxy-####-mx.aol.com, where #### has been m002, m003, m004, 1001, 1003 and 1004 for the failure cases I've observed). I received no notification of these changes, specifically timing, impact, or implications - nor any notification that the problem exists and is being worked on.. The Verizon/AOL page does NOT mention this area.
0 Likes
kcferrick

I was told by an automated voice that it wont be fixed till Monday 2/15/2016 9:45 a.m.This was in addition  to the past 6 days of promises of it being repaired.It is a horrible day when you cant access your emails especially when they are your bread and butter!!!

0 Likes