SMTP outgoing server - verizon email on cell
donfallon

Got a new cell phone (Samsung Galaxy S4), put in Verizon email account info, email loads fine EXCEPT I can't reply. Using POP3 SSL Port 995 setting incoming, SMTP SSL Port 465 outgoing, which work on my home computer. So why is outgoing mail not working? Any ideas?

Verizon wireless says it's an internet issue, and sent me to Verison internet. My internet service is DSL. DSL folks at Verizon say it's a wireless issue, sent me back and said "ask for a supervisor."

Anybody run into this issue? The settings are correct, but no outgoing.

Don

0 Likes
Re: SMTP outgoing server - verizon email on cell
detoustain

hi Don - i'm having the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy Lite except i can't get it to accept either the incoming or outcoming parameters. it's worked fine for months and then yesterday evening it abruptly stopped working, and i didn't change any settings at all. i've deleted the verizon.net account and tried re-installing it but no dice.

- nick

0 Likes
Re: SMTP outgoing server - verizon email on cell
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

If all access including computer and website fail it may be the one issue that Verizon has had that caused them to lock some accounts and some foreign access.  see http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Email-Account-Password-Lockout/m-p/744863

Otherwise its a configure error, that will need you to detail more what you are seeing for Peers here to help you.