Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

SMTP outgoing server - verizon email on cell

donfallon
Contributor
Contributor

SMTP outgoing server - verizon email on cell

Message 1 of 3
(1,450 Views)

Got a new cell phone (Samsung Galaxy S4), put in Verizon email account info, email loads fine EXCEPT I can't reply. Using POP3 SSL Port 995 setting incoming, SMTP SSL Port 465 outgoing, which work on my home computer. So why is outgoing mail not working? Any ideas?

Verizon wireless says it's an internet issue, and sent me to Verison internet. My internet service is DSL. DSL folks at Verizon say it's a wireless issue, sent me back and said "ask for a supervisor."

Anybody run into this issue? The settings are correct, but no outgoing.

Don

2 REPLIES 2
detoustain
Contributor
Contributor

Re: SMTP outgoing server - verizon email on cell

Message 2 of 3
(1,424 Views)

hi Don - i'm having the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy Lite except i can't get it to accept either the incoming or outcoming parameters. it's worked fine for months and then yesterday evening it abruptly stopped working, and i didn't change any settings at all. i've deleted the verizon.net account and tried re-installing it but no dice.

- nick

tns2
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: SMTP outgoing server - verizon email on cell

Message 3 of 3
(1,417 Views)

If all access including computer and website fail it may be the one issue that Verizon has had that caused them to lock some accounts and some foreign access.  see http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Email-Account-Password-Lockout/m-p/744863

Otherwise its a configure error, that will need you to detail more what you are seeing for Peers here to help you.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.