Re: SPAM BLOCKER
Justin46
Legend

OK, I have created a temporary email address to try to get the spam sent to it so I can look at it directly. But now when I go to voterchexa.com I get a site called Women's Planet, it won't let me register the email, it always says it will remove my email from their list no matter what I do. And the Contact Us tab there doesn't work at all. 

So islsa, do you know how you got on the spam list? A specific web site you visited maybe? At this point I don't know how to get them to start sending me emails. And Google doesn't help either.

I am stuck.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Bill_Levinson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Re: "FBI.Training <FBI.Training@email.voterchexa.com>"

Maybe you should forward these E-mails with full headers to the FBI. Federal agencies take a dim view of people who use their identities to imply that they are part of that agency or are somehow approved by the U.S. Government.

One illegal online pharmacy spammer uses the FDA logo on its Web page. I made sure the FDA found out about that.

Bill_Levinson
Enthusiast - Level 2

"Just in case anybody is following this thread, lslsa tried to forward one of the spam emails to me, Verizon rejected the send as him sending spam"

Verizon's spam blocker is not competent to distinguish between spam and complaints about spam. This has been my experience on numerous occasions. The outgoing spam blocker is probably more part of the problem than the solution because it interferes with complaints to service providers.

0 Likes
Toobusy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will get spam in my inbox that is not blocked by the spam detector.    If I try to use the "unsubscribe" link ...Verizon blocks me from sending that unsubscribe email out saying it's Spam.   What a contridiction!   They obvioulsy know it's spam but they let it through to my inbox and when I try to send it back, I'm blocked??????  

0 Likes
lslsa

In addition to my thread see "Verizon outgoing spam detecter not competent to distinguish between spam and spam COMPLAINTS"

These are three subscribers who are not novices with the same complaint. There must be thousands more. The simple fact is that Verizon will not address the issue. I am in the process of checking alternatives.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Toobusy wrote:

I will get spam in my inbox that is not blocked by the spam detector.    If I try to use the "unsubscribe" link..

If you did not subscribe to it, never unsubscribe to it. As to why, see

http://www.pcmech.com/article/never-reply-or-unsubscribe-to-spam-email/

Samson4
Enthusiast - Level 2

It has been my experience that Verizon will not block SPAM but at the same time disallows me from sending the exact same email to the parent company of the advertiser to ask them to stop sending the crap, delete my email from their database and do not transfer my email to any third parties. So, this is, in my opinion, very hippocritical of Verizon.

Emails sent to spam reporting email address does nothing. I have sent no less than 50, all the same format, and all with faked headers, and the spam detector NEVER works to stop me from being emailed spam, but prevents me from sending it to the companies that paid the spammers to spam me in the first place. For instance, I just got one from a match type dating company. I can't formward the spam to them to ask them to put a stop to the emails and give me the name of the company that is being paid to spam me. The opt outs aren't honored by the spamming entity.

So in summary, Verizon email parctices suck. I give them a 1.5 out of 10.

0 Likes