SPAM BLOCKER
lslsa

What is the purpose of   < spamdetector.notcaught@verizon.net  > if there is never a response?

I have sent many messages about a domain that refuses to be blocked (  voterchexa.com ) and I get many spam emails

every day on many subjects. Your support is non-existant!

0 Likes
Re: SPAM BLOCKER
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

While I can't speak for the specific content ... you need to keep in mind that forwarding mail to that address has the system take a look for ALL users.   Maybe it's obvious spam, or maybe it's legitimate mail that you consider spam.   If the latter, then Verizon is not going to block it because the impact is across all users, not just  single user.

With that said, you should be able to create a filter in your MyVerizon email account that discards any messages from the domain you reference.  You can instruct the filter the throw such messages immediately in the trash and you won't see anything from that domain again.   Perhaps someone here who has the Verizon Webmail experience assigned to their account can give you detailed steps on setting up a filter.

Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@lasagna wrote:
Perhaps someone here who has the Verizon Webmail experience assigned to their account can give you detailed steps on setting up a filter.

It's quite simple to setup a filtered email address or domain.

1. In the left hand pane of the Webmail interface under MY SETTINGS click MAIL
  2. On the page that comes up select the BLOCKING TAB (at the top).
  3. You now can select the options for blocked mail and whitelist / blackilist up to 300 email addresses or domains (combined total between both lists).

Hope that helps.

lslsa

I have many domains blocked that work. This one does not. I have tried every domain and subdomain that they send.

There must be some arrangement that works

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Can you give us some examples of what you have put into the blocker that failed?

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
lslsa

These are a few of the current items:

FBI.Training <FBI.Training@email.voterchexa.com>
Local Insurance Quote <Local Insurance Quote@email.voterchexa.com>
Financial Aid for Students <Financial Aid for Students@email.voterchexa.com>
Grocery Cart <Grocery Cart@email.voterchexa.com>
Avandia Protection Group <Avandia Protection Group@email.voterchexa.com>

There are many more

I put these in the Blocker and in the Filters

email.voterchexa.com

voterchexa.com

voterchexa

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Huh! I for sure don't understand it. It looks like you are doing the right things.

Question: if I send you a PrIvate Message (PM) here on the forum with my email address, would you be willing to forward to me one or two of the emails from them that the block does not catch? I would like to take a look at the headers to see if I see anything that might help us understand what is happening.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
lslsa

Yes. I can send some.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@lslsa wrote:

Yes. I can send some.

OK, PM sent.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Just in case anybody is following this thread, lslsa tried to forward one of the spam emails to me, Verizon rejected the send as him sending spam Smiley Very Happy

And his email to me telling me that it was rejected was interpreted by the Verizon spam filter on the receiving end as spam and put it in my spam folder Smiley Very Happy

Anybody got any suggestions or thoughts?

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes