Re: SPAM Detector tool - info
sdw97

I set my account to recive only mail from my contact list...but all I get is spam

0 Likes
norrabasil

Wonderful. Thanks for going over what it can do. It would be very nice if I could give it a try. Now would you mind addressing the fact that sub accounts can't even activate the spam filter?

0 Likes
GerryT2

I receive 40 to 50 e-mails a day from a sender starting with  'info' and then followed by numbers, such as info812345@etc. These are all spam. Can all send by  infoxxxxx be blocked?

0 Likes
Re: SPAM Detector tool - Blocking Valid Mail
BigJim21
Enthusiast - Level 2

As of 3/1/2012 the spam detection tool is all of a sudden placing 90% of my valid email into the Spam Folder.  What has happened and why weren't we warned that a major change was being made?  Short of reviewing the folder on a very frequent basis and grading everything I want as "Not Spam", what can be done about this situation.

Up until this week the spam filtereing system was working well in my opinion.  It was catching 95% of the spam.

The current situation is unacceptable.

0 Likes
Re: SPAM Detector tool - Blocking Valid Mail
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@BigJim2 wrote:

As of 3/1/2012 the spam detection tool is all of a sudden placing 90% of my valid email into the Spam Folder.  What has happened and why weren't we warned that a major change was being made?  Short of reviewing the folder on a very frequent basis and grading everything I want as "Not Spam", what can be done about this situation.

Up until this week the spam filtereing system was working well in my opinion.  It was catching 95% of the spam.

The current situation is unacceptable.

Add the valid senders to your Safe senders list.

0 Likes
ErnieLane
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do I get to "Settings/Email Settings tab within Message Center"?   Is that in Verizon Webmail or where?

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@ErnieLane wrote:

How do I get to "Settings/Email Settings tab within Message Center"?   Is that in Verizon Webmail or where?

Yes, in webmail. Click on Settings, then the Email Settings tab within the screen that comes up after that.

0 Likes
mjp11

I have SPAM detector on, but still getting 4-6 SPAM emails a day from ".in" sources.  I want to try to filter for them.  What are valid wildcard characters for setting filters?   

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@mjp1 wrote:

I have SPAM detector on, but still getting 4-6 SPAM emails a day from ".in" sources.  I want to try to filter for them.  What are valid wildcard characters for setting filters?   

There are no wildcard characters for mail filters. Are they .info addresses or just .in?

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@somegirl wrote:

@mjp1 wrote:

There are no wildcard characters for mail filters. Are they .info addresses or just .in?

Hi somegirl,

I too have noticed a huge increase of spam from .in locations.  Technically these are from India, but I think they are just being used instead of .info, and some are probably phoney.

You can write some rules fo have Verizon EMAil to block for things included in emails, effectively doing a wildcard.  But checking for ".in" in the from field might catch more then some people want. 

Myself, I use Windows Live Client and some PC based spam filters.  After this huge increase (I got 30 ".in" in one day), I decided to active the filter on all high level foreign domains except for a couple where I have friends.  Since I don't have these filters auto delete, I just do a quick scan of the "spam" folder to see if any good email is caught. 

I do have the Verizon spam filter turned on as well, but typically go to online email just once in awhile to check for mail that was incorrectly marked as spam.

0 Likes