SPAM Filter Blocking Legitimate EMAIL Domain
tekgeek1

I could use some collective suggestions, directions, or support on this issue.  A local preschool uses a non-Verizon address (registered with Goddard) to send correspondence emails to all the families on a weekly basis. They also use this as a quick mechanism to send out critical information to all the families.  Since late August (or there about), myself and all the other Verizon based customers have not been receiving those emails.  So I logged into the web-based Verizon email tool and noticed them all in the SPAM folder.  I am unable to forward them out of that folder.  I have requested that this domain be WHITELISTED as it is a legitimate organization sending out email but can not get an answer nor a response from Verizon.  I understand (in detail) the SPAM policy on sending (no more than 100 at a time...) but something tripped the system off because these are incoming.

Who has ideas on how to fix this?  Hopefully a Verizon rep is monitoring this and can assist!

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: SPAM Filter Blocking Legitimate EMAIL Domain
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@tekgeek1 wrote:

I could use some collective suggestions, directions, or support on this issue.  A local preschool uses a non-Verizon address (registered with Goddard) to send correspondence emails to all the families on a weekly basis. They also use this as a quick mechanism to send out critical information to all the families.  Since late August (or there about), myself and all the other Verizon based customers have not been receiving those emails.  So I logged into the web-based Verizon email tool and noticed them all in the SPAM folder.  I am unable to forward them out of that folder.  I have requested that this domain be WHITELISTED as it is a legitimate organization sending out email but can not get an answer nor a response from Verizon.  I understand (in detail) the SPAM policy on sending (no more than 100 at a time...) but something tripped the system off because these are incoming.

Who has ideas on how to fix this?  Hopefully a Verizon rep is monitoring this and can assist!

Thanks.

The inbound spam filter is not related to sending from verizon.net. It is mostly based on what Verizon customers mark as spam.

You might have the preschool try sending their message to check@isnotspam.com for investigation. This should help them determine what about their messages is causing them to be blocked.

Also, you and the other Verizon customers can add them to your Safe Senders list in order to allow their messages through regardless of whether the filter thinks it's spam.