SPAM mail is driving me crazy!!!
mulberry2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm getting more than 30 spam emails a day.  I've tried everything from turning on Spam filters and blocking and still its growing!  I check my mail online at mail.verizon.com.   Just today the spam filter caught 9 emails and my inbox had 39 more Spam emails.  And this is just one day.  I've had days where I get more than 50 spam emails.  Last week I was online with a Verizon Agent.  Together we created an email to send to Verizon and I was told someone would take care of it.  Still - nothing has changed.  Other than getting rid of my current email address - is there anything else Verizon can do?

0 Likes
Re: SPAM mail is driving me crazy!!!
bayman2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue here.  9-13 of the same spam messages daily.  Log in via the web, designate as spam and they still appear.  Maybe the "report as spam" button is like the "door close" button in an elevator in that is gets ignored.  Nothing new for Verizon.

ikarus2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same spam subjects daily and the filtering on the subject does not work repeateably.   Somedays it may catch a spam and let the same subject go thru. 

The same spam subject come thru daily and it appears nothing is being done to prevent it.

10 days to begin speaking a new language
Access 13+ billion records. Get started now!
Banks Eliminate Credit Score Requirement For Refi?
Interested in singles over 50? See photos!
Protect your home and avoid the hassles of home repair with AHS! 
We can repair your home plain and simple! 

mulberry2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Two weeks after my initial anger post - believe it - I'm getting more spam!  I just off the phone with technical support and he told me if I already have my filters set up and am using the spam button to designate marking as spam, then there is nothing else he could do.  He said once I mark email as spam, I shouldn't be getting email from that source again!  I almost cracked up laughing to his answer!  What a joke!  So after hesitating a bit I said, so your saying other than cancelling my service from Verizon there is absolutely nothing you can do?  He said "well, that is an option that is entirely up to you but yes!".  Well folks - there is nothing!  So Verizon customers beware - you will be mega spammed if you choose to check your email from the Verizon site.  I guess I have no choice but to download some third party email filtering system that will do a better job at filtering my spam so I don't have to eat it!

0 Likes
ecarey151

I've been having the same issue.  I've spoken daily with the Tech support staff in India (I assume).  I've maxed out the Filters and send every message to spamdetector.update  - nothing changes.  Just the same pile of phising scams from "MJT MARKETING" day after day.

I've given up and am abandoning my Verizon email.  I'll be using Gmail.  It's a pain but I'll gradually migrate everything over.  My verizon email can remain a spam dump.

Total unresponsiveness is the worst way to treat your customers.  I don't expect Verizon to change, but I will be moving on from all their services, when my contract is up.

0 Likes
mdcatdad
Enthusiast - Level 3

I totally agree with these posts. I've been forwarding the spam I get daily (en masse between about 0400 and 0700 Eastern time) to Verizon's "not caught" address and marking them as Spam in Webmail, but nothing changes.

Why bother?

0 Likes
ikarus2
Enthusiast - Level 2

If they can not stop the same spam email subjects than how good is Verizon with protecting our security.   It makes me wonder what Verizon doing to ensure customer's security so we don't become another Target, HomeDepot victims.   Clearly, they have not demonstrated their IT ability to stop spam emails.

0 Likes