Safe Sender Domans don't work
WaltN
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have domains in my Verizon online Email and these are Emails are trapped by spam detector anyway.

I just entered the domain name (i.e. blap.blap.com, for example). 

Is there a secret to making this work, or is it just buggy?

Do I need to enter a wildcard (i.e. *@blap.blap.com)?

This is very annoying.  Can't find any useful help on web site.

Re: Safe Sender Domans don't work
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Verizon's safe senders list works strangely in that it will continue to filter mail to your Spam Detector folder, but will also put a copy in your inbox. Check to make sure the stuff that's being blocked isn't just a copy.

It makes no sense, and I have no idea why some programmer thought it was a good idea. I also have no idea why Verizon hasn't fixed it.

WaltN
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't THINK that's what happened, but a good tip and I'll watch it.  I agree with you that this is bizarre behavior.

So, as far as you know just putting in the doman name itself should be OK?

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Yes, adding just the domain should allow mail from any address on that domain. If it's not being sent to your inbox as well, you'll want to contact tech support so they can send up a ticket to have it investigated.

0 Likes
djm12
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm seeing the same issue too.  I'm curious if it's because of the keyword spam filters I set up or if it's spam filters that verizon set up.  It's odd because it's even catching facebook and a major bank - you would think that the spam filters would ignore these as they are very well established domains.