Script message question
WhyMe5357

Every time I click "Compose" or "Reply" in my Verizon email I get a long pause and then a Windows Internet Explorer dialog box is displayed that says:

"Stop running this script?

A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer might become unresponsive"

I click "Yes" to make the box go away and then am able to continue composing or replying to emails. It's not stopping me from using my email but it is very annoying and wasting a lot of time.

Does anyone know why this keeps happening? Is the laptop infected with something or is this just a setting that needs to be changed?

Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Script message question
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Make sure your Java is updated and try disabling any addons to see if one of them is causing the error.

0 Likes
abillsfan2001
Enthusiast - Level 1

This issue caused me much pain before finally getting to root cause.  It wasn't latest Java version, it wasn't the microsoft fix, it wasn't setting a registry key or anything else that folks were suggesting.  It was caused by Mcafee Siteadviser BHO.

Disable SiteAdviser and I'll bet your problem goes away as well.  Go to > Tools > Manage Add-Ons,  scroll down to Mcafee Siteadviser and disable.

snowmelting
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks.  Your solution re disabling McAfee Siteadvisor BHO worked.

Now, is there any risk to my computer in leaving McAfee Siteadvisor BHO disabled?

Hubrisnxs
Legend

you shouldn't have a problem as long as you already take advantage of  IE Protected Mode, SmartScreen Filter, InPrivate Filtering, and DEP -  those are almost standard in all IE sessions.