Sending email error "Delivery Notification: Delivery has failed" Why all of a sudden???
nofears

I have been communicating just fine with a collegue of mine for a few weeks. no issues.  Within the last week when I attempt to send him an email I recive the following error message:

Your message cannot be delivered to the following recipients:

Recipient address: {edited for privacy}
  Reason: SMTP transmission failure has occurred
  Diagnostic code: smtp;554 Message not allowed - [320]
  Remote system: dns;e.mx.mail.yahoo.com (TCP|206.46.173.17|45952|67.195.168.230|25) (mta1034.mail.ac4.yahoo.com ESMTP YSmtp service ready)

He again sent me an email last night and I received his but when I replied this morning I got the above error message again.

Can anyone help as to why this would happen all of a sudden like this?  I am not receiving any other errors at all for any of my other email communications.

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Sending email error "Delivery Notification: Delivery has failed" Why all of a sudden
Justin46
Legend

I Google'd the error message and found this interesting thread:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1452845

The error mentioned is caused by the sending computer clock being off.. I see you are getting the error from a Yahoo server, which matches the discussion in the thread. The thread is in relation to using thunderbird as the email client, but I suspect that does not matter. So maybe check the date/time set in your computer and see if it is off? 

Other than that, I have no idea...sorry.

Keller, TX 76248

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Sending email error "Delivery Notification: Delivery has failed" Why all of a sudden
nofears

I should've also mentioned that I use Outlook Express from my home PC to send/recieve email.  But again, I've never encountered this problem using OE before.

Thanks

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

I Google'd the error message and found this interesting thread:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1452845

The error mentioned is caused by the sending computer clock being off.. I see you are getting the error from a Yahoo server, which matches the discussion in the thread. The thread is in relation to using thunderbird as the email client, but I suspect that does not matter. So maybe check the date/time set in your computer and see if it is off? 

Other than that, I have no idea...sorry.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
nofears

How do you know if a clock is on or off on my PC?

Oddly, I just replied to my collegues email through the Verizon Webmail site and I did not recieve the error message so it APPEARS to be related to Outlook Express and sending from my home PC...Although, like I said, I can reply to other emails (non-yahoo accounts) and not recieve the error.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

I'm sorry, "off" in the context I used it meant "incorrect", like a week or a month ahead. Did you go read the thread at the link I posted? If not, do so, it will describe the problem and solution (takes a little reading though all of it to get the solution).

When you use webmail, I suspect the date/time associated with the email is set by the server, not the client on your PC, so that may explain why webmail works and an email client doesn't.

Of course that may not be your problem anyway, but it just seemed to match your experiencing the problem suddenly with no changes, and sending to a Yahoo account......

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
nofears

Thanks Justin!  You were correct.  I had inadvertently changed the month on my PCs clock.

You da man!

0 Likes
Temar

I have the same problem with only contact when I reply.  The date and time on my computer are correct.  Any other suggestions to fix the problem?

0 Likes