Sending to myself is considered spam???
poss727
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry if this is a double post.

I imported my IE favs into a file. I am trying to send the file to myself for safe keeping but i get message:

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Emailing: bookmark2.htm', Account: 'xxx', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 The message you attempted to send was determined to be spam. Please visit http://www.verizon.net/spamfaq for more information.', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC69

The file I am trying to send to myself is bookmark2.htm

0 Likes
Re: Sending to myself is considered spam??? - Not Quite
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@poss727 wrote:

... I imported my IE favs into a file. I am trying to send the file to myself for safe keeping but i get [an error] message ...:

What is meant by "imported ... into a file ..."?  Where is this file located?  Under normal circumstances if you import a file, it's already somewhere on your computer and there's no need to mail it to yourself.  Please clarify.

0 Likes
Re: Sending to myself is considered spam???
poss727
Enthusiast - Level 3
It IS on my computer. When I go file-send it will not send it for the above reasons. I always send files without a problem
0 Likes
Re: Sending to myself is ... spam? -- Try Test Email
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

poss727 wrote:
It IS on my computer. When I go file-send it will not send it for the above reasons. I always send files without a problem

Sorry for appearing a bit dense, but I am trying to help and need more details.

You have a file on your hard drive and are trying to send it (as an attachment) to yourself?  Is that correct?

And when doing so, the message gets bounced as "spam"?  Is that correct?

What happens when you just try to send a simple message without attachments to yourself, using the same sending account and the same email address?

0 Likes
poss727
Enthusiast - Level 3
No problem-thanks for getting back. I can send any file to myself without a problem. This file is bookmark.htm and when I try to send it Vz labels determines it to be a spam msg being sent
0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@poss727 wrote:
No problem-thanks for getting back. I can send any file to myself without a problem. This file is bookmark.htm and when I try to send it Vz labels determines it to be a spam msg being sent

Try  this:  Rename the file from "xxx.htm" to "xxx.txt" and send.  When you get it wherever you want it, undo the rename.  Please report back on that procedure.

0 Likes
poss727
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same thing

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Emailing: bookmark2.txt', Account: 'xxx', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 The message you attempted to send was determined to be spam. Please visit http://www.verizon.net/spamfaq for more information.', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC69

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

try zipping the file and locking it/encrypting it.

Use Winzip or i use winrar

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@poss727 wrote:

Same thing

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Emailing: bookmark2.txt', Account: 'xxx', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 The message you attempted to send was determined to be spam. Please visit http://www.verizon.net/spamfaq for more information.', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC69

I am just guessing here, but I suspect that the problem may be that the spam filter is looking at the file and seeing so many active links that it thinks it is spam. After all, the bookmarks file is really nothing but a list of links.

Why not just copy it to a flash drive or some other locally attached media and be done with it?

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
poss727
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks everyone for your help. I will try the zip method and if that doesnt work I will either copy it to a flash drive or just upload it into Dropbox. Great suggestions and I do appreciate it!

0 Likes